CHAPTER ELEVEN

OTHER ONE

       REGGIE WAS IN the Molina's home, hanging out with Ray

REGGIE WAS IN the Molina's home, hanging out with Ray. Granted, the lifer couldn't see him, but that didn't stop the optimistic ghost.

       Luke had been in the studio, going over the songs him and Lee wrote over the weekend. It was the best time of his life, or afterlife. Neither knew where Alex had gone, so he decided to pop in and check on Reggie.

"And then I said— Oh," Reggie waved as Ray walked through him.

       Ray had gotten up from his desk chair and walked to another room in the house. Luke was about to ask Reggie why he was talking to someone who couldn't respond when a voice stopped him. A voice both boys knew all too well.

Luke walked to the laptop on the desk. The ghosts have been getting better at holding things so he used that ability to use the touchpad and scroll down the page to find where Lee was. This is more confusing then when Lee was in Julie's phone.

Ray must have pressed the wrong button before he left because he wouldn't have just left this playing without watching it. Reggie came over and the two looked at the screen to see Lee, jumping and dancing with a girl that looked familiar to them.

"Oh, look. It's Lee!" Reg smiled at his friend, "I think that's her sister. The one who danced at the pep rally," He pointed to the other girl in the video and nodded to himself.

Luke sat in Mr. Molina's chair and continued to watch. This girl amazes him every time with her voice. Over the weekend, when they were writing songs, she thought of the best lyrics he has ever heard before. It came naturally to her. When she has her mind set on something, she doesn't back down, and he admires her for that.

       He had mixed emotions as he listened to her song. He did take in that she wasn't the only one singing and it didn't have to be about her, but there's definitely the possibility. He couldn't help but think that Lee was singing about this Liam guy who is so important to her. Did she tell him something that messed up their friendship? But as the music began to decrescendo, his non-beating heart skipped a little...

"And just as I'm giving up, my heart is palpitating
Here comes another one and it's so intoxicating
Being where I've been I know that in the end
I'll do it all again"

       Who is the other one?

"'Cause I'm young and I'm dumb
I do stupid things when it comes to love
And even if I always end up crying
Well, love will find me, there ain't no denying
That you can't blame a girl for trying, oh oh"

       Luke turned to see Reggie weeping behind him, "No one blames you Lee! Don't worry!" He ran forward to the computer to hug her, but went through because well, it wasn't Lee, and is just a laptop.