CHAPTER THIRTEEN

BROKEN PROMISES

       "LEE, YOU LOOK GREAT

       "LEE, YOU LOOK GREAT. Let's go!" Julie complemented as her best friend had tried to adjust her dress once more.

Flattening down the bottom, she turned to Julie, "What if I make a big fool of myself up there? What if the boys don't show up? What if—"

"Enough of the 'what if's'. Lee, you look fabulous. You're going to do amazing, and the boys will keep their promise," the girl calmed down from the short pep-talk and began to walk out of Julies room.

When she was out the door, that's when Julie mumbled to herself, "I hope."

><><><

The dance was packed. And Flynn wasn't joking about the five hundred balloons she had to blow up. The girls spotted their friend who was on the stage controlling the music as she DJ'd.

The two girls waved to their friend from the crowd and she signaled them to meet her at the front of the stage.

She crouched down, "How you feeling?"

"I'm a little nervous," Julie admitted with a shrug.

"I'm a lot nervous," Lee confessed just as Liam found his way over.

"You both will be fine," he stood in between them. "All your gear's backstage. Come on."

They followed their "management team" to backstage. Julie placed the projector to the side and Flynn exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! You guys look amazing!"

"Thanks!" Flynn and Julie hugged, while Lee and Liam hugged. Then, when they swapped, Liam and Julie's hug was a bit awkward compared to the other two. Lee turned to Flynn and saw a smirk playing of her lips, "What do you know?"

She dismissed her with her hand before asking, "Where did you guys get these awesome outfits? And where can I get my own?"

Julie backed away to give the full view. She was wearing TEEN Striped Side Panel Trousers by Diesel and her top was a Main Vibe Mesh Top by Dolls Kill over a black sports bra, "It's my moms. I finally went through her stuff."

"She would've loved that you wore that," Liam smiled and smiled even more when Julie smiled back. "Uh, Lee, where'd you get that dress?"

Caroline was wearing a white off shoulder flared mini dress. Carrie helped her pick it out before she went to Julie's where she had tried it on after rehearsal. "I'm not sure, really. Carrie found it for me."

Flynn looked around before asking, "Are the guys here?" She fixed her hair.

"No, but they will be. They know how important this is to us," Lee nodded as she thought back to what Julie had told her earlier. She just hopes that it's true.