CHAPTER TEN

CAN'T BLAME A GIRL FOR TRYING

       LEE WAS SAT on the Molina's couch

LEE WAS SAT on the Molina's couch. The one in the garage, specifically. Since her and Julie joined the band, they need to make songs for them to perform. So, that's exactly what Luke and Lee were doing.

       Luke grabbed two pencils, "How's this for a beat," he hit them against the table for a song they started working on.

       Lee bobbed her head to the sound, "I like it. Gives powerful vibes." Luke smiled at her as she wrote the beat down in her song book. The blonde sighed, "Alright, we got the lyrics, and most of the beat, what should the name be?"

And that's how Lee and Luke spent their whole Saturday. It took them all day to finally come up with a name, which was Luke's idea, by the way. He thought it to be ironic since him and the boys are ghosts.

       They made sarcastic and inside jokes the whole time. When Julie walked in, they kicked her out in fear of her hearing the unfinished product. They punched each other's shoulders and would occasionally throw their heads back in laughter at something funny the other said. It's a surprise that they actually got any work done.

       The blonde had gotten home late. Luckily no one was up to scold her. She went to her room and got prepared for bed. She placed her song book on her dresser for when she'll need it tomorrow, and fell asleep with a huge smile on her face.

Sunday morning was an early-bird moment for Lee. She was awake early enough to watch her dad leave for work. He had asked her why she was up at this time and she just shrugged as she ate more cereal and explained that she's going to Julie's later.

He nodded along and left so he wouldn't be late. He has to go to a couple studio's for up and coming singers and people who have talents in the music industry.

       Lee placed her empty bowl in the dishwasher and went upstairs to brush her teeth. On her way up, she hummed to the song her and Luke made. It's very catchy and she can't wait to create more songs with him. He's just easy to work with, and funny.

When Julie gave her the "okay" text to come over, Lee grabbed everything she needed and quickly left her house. It was still early in the morning and she didn't want to wake her sister up.

As the blonde reached the Molina residence, Julie was walking to the garage. "Hey, Jules," Lee waved to her best friend.

       "Finally, you're here! Luke has been whining, asking when you were gonna show up to write," Julie said with a knowing smile.

       Lee laughed, thinking it was a joke, as her and Julie walked into the studio. When Luke saw Lee, he sat up straight and waved.

       "I think that's our cue," Reggie whispered to Alex and the pair whooshed out of there.