Chapter 1: Book Store Meeting

Jenna:
I drive to the bookstore down the road from my house. I figured since I have tomorrow off from the clinic then I would get a book from the cute book store to read.

I pull in a parking space and looks at the sign in neon green that reads "Eric's Stories." I walk in the store and see only a few people in there. It is seven at night though.

A man sits at the desk right when you walk in the door. He has black hair and brown eyes with tattoos covering his muscular body. He doesn't look like the type of man to work in a book store.

"Hi," he says when I walk in.

"Hi," I say back and walk over to the adult book section. After browsing books for a while, I feel someone behind me. Then grab a book next to me before speaking.

"I haven't seen you in here before," the man says. When I turn around to face him, I realize he is around my age. He has blonde hair with blue eyes. He is tall and his skin is really tan, as if he just came back from the beach. He's my go to type of guy to date, but right now I am not interested.

"I'm Matt," he says, holding out his hand. I put my hand in his and smile.

"Jenna," I say.

He hands me a business card. I look at it before putting it in my coat pocket.

"Well Jenna if you ever want to go out sometime then give me a call," he says and winks before leaving the book store. I turn back to the book I was looking at, but it doesn't interest me, so I move down the shelf. I grab yet another book on the shelf and it looks appealing so I go to the check out counter.

I notice a garbage can behind his desk. I grab the business card Matt gave me out of my pocket and look at it before making my final decision.

"9.99," the man at the desk says. I hand him a ten and he gives me my change.

"Can you throw away for me please," I ask him, handing him the business card Matt gave me with his number.

He looks at the card and back up at me before throwing it away.

"You don't want to go out with that guy," he asks me? A shocked expression crosses his face.

"It's not your business," I say. I grab my book and start walking toward the door. However, I pause and turn around to face the man at the desk. "He just didn't interest me," I tell him. He nods his head and I catch a small smile on his face. He looks up and our eyes met. I feel an instant connection between us, and I wonder if he feels it too.

"Well how about me," he asks?

"What about you," I ask?

"Am I fit enough to ask you out," he asks?

I walk back over to the desk and lean in slightly. His breath catches and I have to contain my smile.

"I don't think your boss would like you asking your costumers out," I tell him.

He laughs and says, "good thing I'm the owner then."
My mouth drops open. I look around the store and notice we are alone. I look back at him and see a smirk on his face.

"I'm Eric," he says.

"Eric's Stories," I mumble to myself. I shake my head and give him a small smile.

"Jenna," I say.

I pull out my nursing card with my name and number on it. I hand it over to Eric. I give him a small smile as he looks at the card and back at me. I turn and walk to the door.

Before leaving though, I turn back and give him a wink before saying, "I expect to hear from you Eric, because I think your hot."

I give him a wink before turning towards the door. In the reflection I see Eric smiling.

I head to my apartment and get a shower, before reading a few chapters from the book I got from Eric's store. I picked out a book called, "The Choice," by Nickolas Sparks. I've see the movie, but I never got to read the book.