Broken Wings

As Hinata lands back on the floor, he feels the all too familiar feeling of his knee giving out beneath him. Unable to do anything, Hinata lands, and immediately feels pain surge through his right leg as his kneecap slips out of its socket and to its right. Hinata screams, falling to the floor as his hand flies to his knee to get it back in place, but the supports he was wearing around it made it so much harder. The whole Karasuno team runs over to Hinata, as he screams on the ground trying to relocate the joint.

"Hinata! What's happening, why are you screaming?!" Suga exclaims.

"Fuck! My knee! AAAAHHH FUCK!" Hinata yells, his voice echoing through the gym as he finally feels his knee pop back into place. Hinata collapses backwards, his hand still gripping his leg as it throbs in pain, tears streaming down his face.

Hinata knew he was disabled ever since he was 12. Hinata would constantly dislocate or sprain his joints, and by the time he had gone to the doctor, he had dislocated his joints over 40 times. The doctors diagnosed Hinata with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder that made all his joints loose, and able to dislocate easily, along with spraining easily and tearing ligaments. The doctors and Hinata's mother advised him to not play volleyball even though he really wanted to, the strain on his joints would be so much that he could end up so weak he couldn't move. But Hinata didn't care, he wanted to play, he wanted to fly and after being so careful, Hinata hadn't dislocated or sprained anything in over a year all while still playing volleyball.

"Hinata! Oh my god! What happened?" Daichi asks, trying to sit Hinata up.

"K-knee.. again.. ow fuck..." Hinata cries, starting to carefully remove both his volleyball kneepad, and his regular knee support he wore everyday. The whole team stares in shock as Hinata removes the support, just to see his knee starting to swell up after being dislocated.

"Hinata! What is this? And why did you say again?!" Noya demands. Hinata sniffs, the pain still throbbing but having removed the compressing brace, he feels better.

"I-I dislocated my knee again.." Hinata sniffs, supporting his knee with his hands.

"Dislocated?! Wait again?!" Kageyama yells. Hinata nods, thinking for a second before groaning.

"Number 15 for the right knee... Ow.." Hinata mumbles, keeping a tally of all the times in the past he dislocated his kneecap.

"15?!" Yamaguchi exclaims. Daichi helps Hinata up, starting to take him over to the bleachers so he can have a rest from the floor.

"Just for the right one... Overall, the is number 34 for knees.." Hinata says, getting situated on the bleachers and starting to remove his shoe.

"Hinata! Why didn't you tell us about this?!" Suga scolds.

"Can you pass me my bag..?" Hinata asks, ignoring Suga and pointing to the small blue bag he always carried into the gym with him. Asahi complies, grabbing the bag and handing it to Hinata, where he searches through it. Pulling out a different brace than the one he was wearing. Hinata kicks off his right shoe, sliding off the support and the kneepad before stuffing them in the bag. Hinata slides on his brace, adjusting it so his kneecap is stabilized in the brace before he straps it completely on, making it so he can't move his knee as he lets it heal.

"You've done this... How many times before..?" Tsukishima asks.

"Well I've dislocated my kneecaps 34 times before.. But I learned how to take care of it myself after number 3.." Hinata mumbles, reaching into the bag again to pull out some tylenol, taking them along with a sip from his water bottle before shoving the bottle in the bag as he pulls out the last thing he would need, a cane. Taking the cane from the bag, Hinata unfolds it and adjusts its height again, keeping it next to him.