sealed one's fate with a kiss

5.

Her kiss had tasted sweet, chaste and full of promises when Hina pressed her lips against his for the first time ever since that night under the rain when he was engulfed in hopelessness and despair of being beaten and tied up by Kiyomasa and his gang amid his desperation to find Draken and save him from his cruel fate in the past.

Hina had always been his sunshine and hope in the bleak, gaping void of his pathetic life.

Her kiss had reminded him of the hopeful things that's about to come if he just believed in himself and have faith in the people who mattered to him the most. She was always cheering for him all the way even if he was a sore loser throughout his life.

He smiled against her lips before he pulled away gently and stood up.

"Thanks, Hina." His voice held the silent reverence, happiness and melancholy at the same time.

Even though he wanted to stay and enveloped himself in the security of and comfort within her embrace, they both knew that he had to look at the bigger picture of his mission and do something important.

Hina smiled back in understanding. "You're welcome Takemichi-kun."

4.

Yuzuha's kiss tasted of sweet victory and bitter loss simultaneously. The bloody tang on her lips reminded him of her sorrows and hardships that she had to go through before gaining her freedom from their tyrannical brother, Taiju against his iron grip and control over them.

"Thank you Takemichi." She murmured against his lips.

He stood still and just let her kiss him in desperation and gratefulness, he could almost taste the salty tears streaming down her cheeks.

Maybe in another lifetime he would've kissed her back.

Maybe in another timeline he would've returned those quiet affections that's been blooming within her.

But not in this kind of past.

Because Yuzuha deserved better. And not someone like him who had broken wings cloying in despair.

Not when his piece of heart was already taken by someone else on the day, he let her go for the sake of her own safety even though it hurt like bloody hell.

He gently pulled away and smiled sadly. "Don't thank me Yuzuha. I just did what I feel, and think is right. Now go back to Hakkai and choose your own destinies now that you've gained your freedom."

Yuzuha stared at him before she laughed wetly, wiping furiously her tears away. "Okay. I just want you to know that a hero like you deserves to be happy too." She uttered before she ran away to Hakkai outside the church.

He begs to differ but he just stood there silently with a serenely downcast expression on his face.

3.

His arms were shaking like a leaf as he held Mikey's dying body into his arms.

"Takemichi are you okay?!" Naoto's frantic yells seemed like a distant noise to him as his frozen blue eyes stared at Mikey smiling tenderly at him as the blood ooze from his mouth.

"Takemitchy... I'm so sorry... I'm so, so weak without you... My life has been suffering and I want to thank Naoto for putting my miserable life to an end..." Mikey's voice growing fainter and smaller as each word that slipped past his lips.

"No Mikey don't say that...! I can still fix it. I can fix everything just don't... Don't... Please...!" Takemichi hiccup as a small sob escaped from his lips and his eyes glistened from the unshed tears on his face.