A DECISION

"It's my decision." Erzine utters with finality in her tone. "Whether accept it or not, I already made a decision." Her aunt Alice can only heave a sigh and that's fine. She doesn't want to be a burden anymore. She only has a year or months left. She decided to leave as soon as possible.

"How can you leave in your condition?"

"I'll be fine." She looks away. Her aunt has been taking care of her since she was a child. Her parents died on a plane crash and since then, her aunt Alice life revolves to her. And she's going to leave her soon, she want her to start a life without her. It's a shame it took twenty years for her to decide letting her go. "It will be beneficial for both of us."

"No, I can't let you go!" She's been walking in circle inside her room. It's her aunt's mannerism whenever she's stressed. "I will not allow it."

"Everything is settled whether you like it or not." She doesn't want to hurt her but doing it is necessary. "Aunt Alice, I want to see and experience how to live life before it's too late to do it. You can call me selfish but I want to be happy and fulfill my dreams at least."

Unable to persuade her, her aunt slumps at the chair beside her bed. "Please tell me at least where are you going and when will you be home. It will ease my mind. I promise them to take care of you."

Her aunt's sullen face looks like it's been added with more years. "I will send you some postcards. Don't ever try to find me. Just live your life without me." She wanted to sound stern as possible. "And I hate to say goodbye..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone,

I decided to upload my first attempt telling a story. This is a short story and I will try my very best to make updates.

Please help me become always motivated. Your votes and comment is a great help!