Almost rejected

( 3rd person pov )

Skylar, a 16 year old werewolf who has yet to shift, lost her parents to a rouge attack and now her 12 younger sisters are relying on her to take care of them and to add to her stress, she has yet to find her mate of her 15 birthday she was supposed to find her mate, lots of her sisters had shifted on their 13 birthday, when you were supposed get your wolf and shift for the first time, Skylar had lost almost all hope of ever getting her wolf, most peoples wolves had fur colors of all different shades of brown, gray, red, and tan, only alphas had pitch black fur, but every one has heard the tale of the moon goddess's daughter, the moon goddess wrote in a prophecy that the she would conceive and birth a daughter of her own, and that daughter would have a very special wolf, she would also have very unique powers that she would discover soon after she first shifted, but everyone thinks it isn't real, the only people who really believe it are the elders, also known as the moon goddess's servants. Skylar got into her car so she could go pick up her younger sisters from school, their were schools all around the pack territory because this was the second largest pack in the area, the first in are neighboring pack the falling moon pack, when Skylar got to school she gave the lady waiting for people to give her the names of the people she wanted to pick up, she said all of her sisters names one by one slowly so she didn't have to repeat them.

" Your mate must have his hands full with all of those kids, " the lady said.

" Oh, I don't have a mate, and these are just my sisters, my parents died in a rouge attack so i'm just taking care of them until they find their mates when they are older, " Skylar replied with a small sad smile.

" I'm vey sorry to hear that, I'm sorry for your loss," the lady said back with a sympathetic smile.

Her sisters came out a short while later and got in the back, her oldest younger sister, Serenity was missing from the back.

" Hey guys, were is Serenity," Skylar asked with a worried expression on her face.

The youngest Kynlee who was five spoke up with a cheery smile, " She found her mate and she took him home for dinner so he could meet you, his name is Jesse, he is from the neighboring pack, he is the future beta of the falling moon pack, him and the future alpha and gamma are here because they got attacked by rouges so they came for their protection, " She said all in one breath.

Skylar couldn't believe it, her sister was going to be a beta female.

" Oh, and also, the future alpha is coming over as well to wish his beta luck wit his mate," said Delilah, Serenity's twin sister.

Then, Skylar started to panic, she didn't have the house ready for an alpha, future or not he was still important.

She sped home and raced through the door to find her sister holding hands with a stranger who Skylar guessed to be Jesse, her sisters mate.

She got started cleaning up the house for the arrival of the future alpha.

She heard Jesse tell her sister that he would be here in 15 minutes, so she rushed to her room to find something to look presentable in, she got to the door as soon as the doorbell rang, she opened the door to find the most handsome looking man in her life, and he smelled amazing, like new tires. Something in her yell, "mate", jus at the same time this stranger whispered "mate", he then said, " Do you have a wolf yet."

" No I don't," she replied dully, the stranger shook his head sadly then asked her name, she said her name and then he said,

" I future alpha Dylan, reject you Sky- "

He was cut off by a scream, he knew this pain, the pain of a first shift, all of her sisters came in to the room to find their sister screaming and writhing on the floor in pain.

" Alpha, what should we do," asked Jesse who was hiding a shaking Serenity in his chest.

Dylan replyed with " Take her outside and lay her down on the ground, she is having her first shift, how old is she," he asked the sisters.

Serenity who was now shaking less, said " She is 16 today, she didn't even think she could shift because she didn't feel her wolf on her 13 birthday but now she is shifting finally. " She said looking relieved, about what< Dylan didn't understand.