synopsis

introduction, cast, and dedications
book one in the divinity paradox series

"It's a simple jump!"

"A six hundred and thirty foot drop is not simple!"

TIMELINE:
set during the lightning thief
"Look, I didn't ask to be a half-blood."

THE TERM DEMIGOD is a term derived from multiple renditions, spoken by many who's words either blossomed flowers from their praise, or left a sharp cut festering with the venom of their hatred.  To some, demigods were heroes.  To others, they were only the path to destruction.  Caught on ever uneven balance set by those who couldn't understand that, within good and evil came balance and order. But no one truly understood, just like no one understood the life of a demigod. Children born of two worlds- one were they radiate a power that could bring the world to its knees and the other were they were reminded that the blood that flows through them was red for a reason. The life between mortality and divinity was their own unbalanced scale that never stood still. How could it? When you live it world that tells you you shouldn't exist, that your nothing special while simultaneously separating you from those closest. When death seemed only two steps behind.

That was a life that many demigods had to come to terms with. The blessing, that there was only place built for them where the could belong. Safely and happily, away from the harshness of the outside world. Camp Half-Blood was a home, that place were the scale remained even. That was a world that Andromeda and Morgan had the pleasure of being thrown into. It wasn't exactly easy when you grow up believing that there was nothing different about you, only to face an awakening that there is a reason you are. Discovered when they were only bodies of wrinkly skin and ear shattering wails near the border, brought up a centaur and the god of wine, their arrival was a mark for the camp.

And most campers saw it as so.

Some saw it as a sign of fortune. When Morgan proudly excelled in her training, battling with strength to topple any monster who came into her path. Eyes so dark they almost appeared black gleamed with a sharpness, a hunger that, rather than for victory like others, but a warning to anyone and anything that dared to harm everything she held dear, who was stupid enough to think they could slip it past her. With one grip of her hand, she could discover anything from the past, to the present, to, if she tried hard enough, the future. Those unlucky enough to be met with her anger met the fury of vibrations that accumulated from her palm.

However, some saw it but for all the wrong reasons. How Andromeda, Andy, could utter a word without so much as opening her mouth as her mind did it for her. Echoing the thoughts circulating in her mind, alongside the voices of those around her, human, creature, and monster alike. When, at a small burst of anger, the once gentle breeze of the air turned violent and hummed with violet energy, shrouded in the dark inky blue that could only be identified as darkness. However, rather than see it as a girl with an extraordinary gift who wanted to see the beauty of the world, their view of a once clumsy girl quickly turned into someone they were meant to fear. And maybe they were right.

On the outside, they were two opposites. But not many bothered to see what exactly made them drawn to one another, and what their bond strong. Priya and Lea did. Priya, with a gleam of her own that burned like a fire that glowed even brighter with every victory, understood Morgan's want for battle as a hunger ached in her bones and could only be soothe when a weapon was in her hand. She truly was her father's daughter. Lea, with kind eyes and an aura that radiated genuine warmth, even when met with a reflection of her own thoughts had responded back patient reassurance and understanding. As even she understood that even underneath what others viewed as fragility, lurked some sharper and more deadly than imagined. A true imagine of why a daughter of love should not be underestimated.