No Longer A Secret - PiccoloxReader

You're sitting next to the radiator, looking out the window. You're looking at the snowflakes falling and gradually covering everything: the hedges, the evergreen trees and the asphalt of the road. You take a look at the clock, which says 8:00 pm.
It's Christmas Eve, you're a guest at Gohan and Videl's, and you're about to see Piccolo again. Piccolo. The guy you've been in love with for a long time, but you never had the heart to tell him.
Maybe other people might think you have strange tastes, because Piccolo is a green-skinned alien, with pointy ears, sharp claws and canines and he's also quite introvert.
But that really doesn't matter to you, you find he's such a hottie - and indeed he has a nice face with nice features, upturned nose, fleshy lips that you've always wanted to kiss, blue and clear eyes. And what about hus personality? That mysterious and a little grumpy temper that you love. You're sure there's a sweet, good heart beating inside his chest and you had a demonstration of that when you saw him playing with Pan, your best friend Videl's baby.
Maybe Piccolo is also a little shy - you saw him blush on several occasions. Yeah, it must be so. You want it to be so.

Piccolo and Gohan will arrive later, you think sighing and you keep on looking at the whitewashed landscape. It is very cold outside, but you squeeze yourself against he radiator and let your mind travel imagining to be close to him...oh!
Videl is finishing the Christmas decorations and sees you thoughtfully by the window. The baby instead is quiet while playing with her favorite puppets. After hanging the last decoration, Videl comes up to you and sits down.

Hey, Y/N," she calls for your attention, "You're a little off, aren't you?"
You shrug and sigh.
"I'm okay.."
Videl looks at you raising an eyebrow, a sign that she doesn't believe you at all.
"No", then you admit, looking down, "It's complicated"
"Wanna to talk about it?"
"But you...you're busy with the decorations...and the baby...and..."
"Y/N. You're my best friend and no decoration comes before you. As for the baby... she's completely absorbed in games, as you can see. So tell me what's wrong"
Again you sigh.
"It's about Piccolo, isn't it?"
You scratch your eyes and realize that you can't hide anything from Videl, she's already figured it all out. Man. "Am I so transparent?" you think to yourself. What if Piccolo...
"How did you know?" you ask her.
"It's pretty obvious, Y/N."
"I...every time we see each other I want to dive into his arms...but I always hold back, even if I struggle. I'm so shy...and then I don't think he would like me. I don't think someone would like me actually", you admit sadly.
"Why are you saying so?!", as a good friend, Videl's trying to comfort you, "Your problem is that you got no self-esteem and you can't really see yourself as you are, but I'm sure he doesn't see you the way you see yourself!"
"But when we meet he barely says hello to me...my heart hurts"
"Y/N, Piccolo is very shy and introvert, did you ever think that maybe he could get the same problems as you? But trust me, he's anything but a bad guy"
"Never had any doubts about that. He has a reassuring look, a sweet face. He's always so calm, never raises his voice, never bad-mouths anyone. That's also why I am in love with him", you blush saying these words...you aren't aware that in the meantime Piccolo has arrived and from outside the house with his super-hearing he could listen to your every single word.

"I think you should tell him!", little Pan says with her high-pitched voice. She's only 3 years old.
"Go and hug him, just like I usually do!". She's very fond of Piccolo, she calls him "uncle", also because Piccolo is like a brother to Pan's father, Gohan.
"It's a different thing, Pan", you say, "Of course he loves you. But as for me...", you look down.
"Why wouldn't he love you too? I'll tell him if you want!".
"Pan, no! Please, no! Don't tell him anything! I wouldn't know where to hide if he knew!"
But, outside the house, his back against the wall, his arm crossed on his chest, his left leg bent, his cheeks turning red and a beautiful smile on his face, Piccolo already knows everything.
He decides to ring the bell and get into the house at least ten minutes after you're done talking. He doesn't want you to know that he heard your words.

Ten minutes later, the bell rings. Your heart skips a beat and you sit on the sofa because your legs are shaking.
Videl opens the door, holding Pan in her arms.
"Welcome guys!", she kisses her husband on the lips.
"Hi, dear", Gohan says, and then he holds his daughter.
"Merry Christmas Eve", Piccolo says. He streaks the baby's head, "Hi, little brat!"
"Uncle Piccolo! I missed you!", Pan jumps into his arms.
Inevitably, you feel jealous watching the whole thing from afar. How would you love to be into those arms! You've always thought they'd be warm and safe. How would you love to lay your head on his chest and stay this way forever!
You look away, but Piccolo notices the sadness and jealousy in your eyes and lets Pan go. He takes a deep breath and walks towards you.
You think you're dreaming, you think it's impossible that the boy you're in love with is walking towards you. You don't know what to do or say.
He's now in front of you. He's the tallest guy you've ever met. Even on your tip toes you wouldn't reach him.
He looks down at you and then smiles. Your cheeks turn red when he goes down on one knee and takes your hand.
"Hi, Y/N!", he says with a deep, warm voice and then he kisses your left hand. A sweet, sensual kiss which warms your fingers, the back of your hand and your heart and soul. You melt, while he's still standing on his bent knee holding your small hand against his warm lips. He's looking at you with enchanted eyes and a gentle smile on his face.
"You...you are so kind, Piccolo!", you whisper, "Thank you!". You still couldn't imagine he heard everything you said.
"You don't need to thank me. You're so beautiful, I just want you to remember that!", he smiles at you. He stands up and holds you tight against his chest, the place you wanted to be, the safest place in the world. It's a wonderful feeling, his arms and his chest are so hot, just like you've dreamed they'd be. You ain't gonna let him go.