Chapter Twenty Five

After a long and sometimes stressful process, they had reached their last day of shooting for the movie. Dean was practically vibrating in his seat on the way to set that morning, leg bouncing as he stared out the car window. They would finally be finishing this thing, getting it done. He could hardly believe it.

As soon as the car came to a stop, Dean jumped out and headed for costuming and makeup. Rayna had to yell at him a total of four times before he actually stopped moving so that she could do his makeup. Eventually, she made it happen and sent him on his way with a grin.

"Go finish this thing, Dean! Have fun!" Rayna called after him.

He almost immediately ran into Cas, who couldn't seem to help but smile excitedly at Dean. Falling into step next to him on their way out to main set, Cas brought up the topic of the day.

"Are you ready to finally complete this?" He asked, glancing over at Dean. "I think it'll be a little sad to let the project go, but I'm also excited to finish it so that people can actually see it."

Dean nodded, looking over at Cas as he answered.

"I agree," Dean said, dodging props that had been laid out, "but to be honest, people seeing it is my favorite part. I'm mostly excited right now."

Dean didn't get to see or hear Cas's response, because it was at that moment that the director called for everyone to get placed and to get rolling. Grinning, Dean settled into place and waited for his cue.

They had three scenes left to shoot, all of them being more domestic moments. It was going to be a lot of one on one with Cas, not that either of them minded it. Once everything was set up, Thomas gave everyone the go ahead and they got cued in. Completely zoning in, Dean let the work flow and let time escape him.

Finally, after a very long shoot day, the director called everyone over to him. Looking around, Thomas smiled.

"This is an incredible production, and I can't wait to see it finalized. But, that will take a while, so tonight? Everyone is going out, and we are going to celebrate this!" He said, being met with cheers.

Cas had sidled up next to Dean, and upon this announcement, bumped him with his shoulder and laughed. Leaning down to where Dean could hear him over the excitement, he spoke quietly.

"You ready to party our asses off?" He teased, and Dean laughed and swatted him, nodding nonetheless.

Turning back to Thomas, they made sure to get the name of the club they were all meeting up at before heading out to the parking lot. On the way out the door, Cas made an offer.

"Do you want to ride with me? I drove myself today, so we could just go to the club together," he said, opening the doors ahead of them as he spoke.

"Absolutely," Dean said, cackling when Cas turned around to waggle his eyebrows at Dean.

Sighing at how ridiculous his boyfriend was, Dean followed him to his car and slid into the passengers seat. It was only then that he realized that he had thought the word boyfriend for the first time, and he smiled to himself. Cas caught this, pausing and raising an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked, glancing down. "Is there something on my face?"

Dean shook his head fondly, leaning over to kiss Cas, who gently kissed him back and held his face. Leaning back, Dean smiled softly.

"No, I just finally thought of you as my boyfriend, and it felt right," he explained.

Cas's eyes lit up a bit, but he didn't say anything about it, opting to begin driving instead. Dean looked out the window, just happy to be there. He still couldn't believe that they had gotten here after hating each other, and how good it was. For him, for them.