So it begins.

Only moments before we were laughing, sharing jokes we had heard from our travels to the last world. "Aether!" My hand wraps around his arm as I shake him violently. The ground grows near as i watch through a small crack in the meteorite that carries us. Tears prick in my eyes as i fear the worst. I pull Aethers unconscious body close to mine and bury my face in his hair. "Please wake up..." His eyes fluttered as a loud crack broke the meteorite in two.
My heart sank as i was pinned to the side of the meteorite as the other carried my brother away from me, At least hes awake, At least... I hold myself and bite my lip, wind whistling past my ear. I place a shield of sorts around me but im too weakened with worry to make one with any life saving ability. Water, The other half is landing in the water. I take a deep breath and close my eyes tightly.
A soft cloak drapped over my body as I was placed down slowly on a soft bedding. I try my best to open my eyes and keep them open but i fail. Tears sting as they drip down my face. I hear a door swing open and a woman cry "Stolas!". The rest was muffled as i faded out of conciousness, Letting my thoughts slip from my lips "Aether... My brother...". The feeling of warm water stirs me from my slumber, A blonde beautiful woman dabs a warm rag on my forehead. I can see her eyes staring to my outfit, She is dressed rather plain, I can tell shes confused about my complex and bright attire. I open my mouth to say something, Ask about my brother, Ask about what happened, Ask... anything. But nothing comes out, I place my hand over my mouth and tears once again trace their way down my face. "Its a miracle you survived that... Ive never seen anything like it..." The woman said, brushing my hair from my face. I looked at her through teary eyes as my thoughts spiralled with fear for my brother. "What is your name, Dear?" She asked as she gently readjusted me to sit up. I slowly remove my hand from my mouth and gaze to her "Lumine...". The woman introduced herself as Nasusumera. "Do you know where we are?" She questioned carefully checking me over for wounds "No..." "We are in Khaenri'ah".
I hear a shout from outside "WE FOUND A BOY!". Suddenly im completely awake, my feet carry me quickly towards the door as I see a tall man carrying a relatively small boy. "AETHER!" I sobbed as i sprinted towards the man, Golden sparks flying off my feet as my strength returned to me. I jumped, leaving shattered ground and dust clouds behind me as I swept my brother from the arms of the tall man. I heard murmurs circulating as I fell to the ground with my brother in my arms, Crying happily. "She wears the attire of the Archons..." One on looker said "It cant be... Celestia would not send one of their children here in such a violent manner." Another rebuttled. Their words made no sense to me but still, they didnt matter now. "Aether wake up..." I said gently, Tapping his arm. "Its best if someone notifies the queen, Perhaps Celestia has decided that we must have a god" A whisper sounded on the wind. I turned slowly as alarm bells began to ring in my head, Whatever this Celestia thing is sounds like something i do not want to be associated with. Nasusumera pulls me to my feet with a gentle smile "Dont worry, You arent in trouble." "My brother he... he isnt waking up" I said, holding his lifeless body. I could sense his heart beating, I know he is alive. I take a moment to look around. a beautiful civilisation, children playing, people laughing, technology like I'd never seen before it was so... amazing... I was lead back into the home by Nasusumera, only then did i take notice of how technical the house was, gears, pipes, some contraptions ive never seen before scattered around the place. I place my brother down where i had lied only a few minutes prior, I sit weakly at his side staring at his tightly shut eyes.
Nasusumera pottered away, using strange plants and potions to create a cocktail of sorts. Meanwhile the on lookers, A group of four, questioned her. She responded with grace and knowledge as she nimbly crafted whatever it was she was making. It seemed as though she had the answers to everything, Something I longed to achieve. With a wave of her hand she dismissed the four and approached me. She held the bowl delicately in one hand and a small white rag in the other, She knelt quietly at the side of my brother before looking to me. "I cant promise you that this will work, Here in Khaenri'ah we lack a god and any powers gifted by them so I cant swear to you that I'll work miracles but truly i will try my best, If you'll allow me" She said sincerly, I peered into the bowl filled with a yellow pulp. "Thank you" I muttered with a nod, wrapping my hand around Aethers as she began to smear the poultice over his forehead. I observed how her hand moved, How she applied pressure in some spots but not others, I was amazed. Medicine was something that I always was heavily interested in, Each world I travel to comes with their own ailments and illnesses and I'm always intrigued to learn how the residents solve them.

I rest my head on Aethers stomach and drift to sleep, Feeling comfort in the presence of my one family member.