PROLOGUE: LUKE

"Take one of each of these." My dad said sternly, dropping a tray on my bed. "It's poison." I yelled, referring to the four pill bottles sat on the tray.

My dad rolled his eyes, clearly not amused. "I don't give a fuck what it is, just take it."

It wasn't long before the door slammed, signaling he was thankfully gone.

I slowly wrapped my arms around my knees pulling them into my chest. "He doesn't care about me." I whispered, tucking my head between my knees.

I never cared that much about my father not caring because I had my mother. But, now my mother is dead and so is my brother.

All I have is my father.

I felt tears begin to fill my eyes "I don't know what to do." I sighed, wiping away the tears with my sleeve. I would go out with a friend and be a normal teenage boy for once but i'm practically on house arrest.

"Luke." A soft voice rang. I sat up, and squinted my eyes. "You're back?" I asked, obviously confused.

"You know what you have to do." She said, completely ignoring my question. My gaze was redirected to the window sill.

"N-No I can't do that!" I stammered, shocked at what she had proposed. "I'll die!"

After a few minutes of arguing, I finally decided to just go to sleep. It wasn't worth it. What if I failed?

"You'll regret this later, Luke." She rang out one last time, before I dozed off into a deep sleep.