Chapter 1

"This sucks." Gun thought.

He glanced around the bar. All those attractive men making pairs and having a good time dancing, chitchatting, even smooching. And him sitting here ... isolated.

What the hell? He's been coming to that bar for about a year. In all that time he never had anyone interested in him, He has not even been asked for a dance, even just once.

This is a gay bar, for Pete's sake! He is gay and single.

"Is one flirty little proposition too much to ask?"

Apparently yes ... he had been sitting here, alone, likewise for the past two hours. he would approach one of the single men if he didn't already know it was a waste of time.

Oh, he had tried. He had made the first move to several boys, but to no avail. They always said they weren't interested and moved on to someone else.

He couldn't even get someone to dance with him. They always said no, and abruptly turned around and found another partner. It was as if they were scared of him.

Gun took a sip of his drink and set it on the bar. He looked at the clothes he was wearing. Would that be the problem? His faded blue jeans had rips and frayed spots, but they looked good.

I've seen guys here wearing much worse things. He used T-shirt, a simple black cotton T-shirt with Queen Band printed on it looked fine on him. The soft material shows off the little curve on his hips.

Gun had seen a lot of guys wearing the same thing and they got flirted all the time. Then, why not him? What was wrong with him that no one cared to spare him a glance?

He shook his head, turned to the bar, downed the last of his drink in one gulp, put down the glass, and took some money out of his wallet. He tossed the bills on the bar.

Saying goodbye to the bartender, he got down from the high chair and headed for the front door. There was no point staying stuck there tonight, and maybe no other.

He would be alone again anyway. Maybe he should go to the new club, Pandora’s Box, he considered. It was on the opposite side of the town.

Maybe he would have better luck there.

*******

"Hey, Gun, where are you going? It's too early for you to give up, isn't it?" Sean, the guard asked him.

"Oh, hey, Sean. No, I will not give up. I thought about going to the new place, somewhere just across the town." He shrugged.

"I'm starting to feel like I have lice or something. How long have I been coming here? And nobody wants to give me the time. I think maybe it's time to head to greener pastures."

"Gun, you should reconsider that. The Pandora’s Box is a very wild place, especially if you are not into that lifestyle. You know it's an SM club, right?" He chuckled.

Gun's eyes widened for a moment.

"You serious?"

"That place is very problematic. A reputation has already been built and it's only been open for a month. I am afraid you will only end up getting hurt. Why don't you go back inside?"

"No, thanks anyway, Sean. I'm not going to find anyone looking at me here. I have tried it. Hell, I can't even get someone to dance with me. For some reason, people here don't find me attractive."

"Gun, you're great. Everybody loves you, it is just ..."

Gun shook his head. "Sean, I'm tired of being like this just every night. You have Michael at home. Meanwhile I am going to an empty apartment. I thought I could find someone here but I couldn't. There is no reason for it to keep stuck around."