iii.

________________________________

chapter three.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙promethium.

 *ੈ✩‧₊˚________________________________

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
________________________________

"Any casualties?" Mr Spector inquired as Cobi, Ian, Fuse, and I stood in a straight line, backs straight, hands behind our backs, and heads held high, as is customary while meeting with Mr Spector.

"None, sir," Ian replied on behalf of the four of us to Mr Spector. Mr Spector said, "That is fantastic," glancing at the four of us before coming to a halt in front of me.

"Electra light, I see you've caused quite an amount of havoc, as usual," He continued, a deranged smile on his face, "and you're becoming stronger by the day. You barely used a smidgeon of your power, yet you demolished a four-block radius of Alonzo lawyers in each direction," With a satisfied grin on his face, he stated.

"You, my child, are my most powerful soldier," He stated, resting his palm on my left cheek and staring me down. Cobi and Fuse gave me unreadable looks from the corner of their eyes as he stated this, while I kept my face still.

"I'd like you to meet with Dr Smyth before your assignment tomorrow morning, my girl," Mr Spector continued, his palm still lingering on my cheek, making me uneasy. "Yes, sir," I replied, causing his smile to tighten even more.

"You may go," he said, dismissing us as he let go of his touch on my cheek and walked over to a computer to speak with Flux.

Ian, Cobi, Fuse, and I exited the room in a businesslike manner. "What was that all about?" Fuse inquired as he walked alongside me.

Cobi replied, "Obviously, El will be meeting with Dr Smyth," causing Fuse to scowl. "I'm aware of that."

We walked in silence until we arrived at the armoury, where we disrobed and removed our suits and weapons.

"How does it feel to be Mr. Spector's favourite?" Cobi inquired as he removed his boots. "I'm sure it has its advantages," Fuse remarked, sounding a little envious.

"Yeah, like extra torture and experimentation," I said between clinched teeth as I removed my gun holsters, prompting the three of them to stop what they were doing.

"What are you talking about?" Ian asked, casting a glance at Cobi and Fuse, who returned his gaze before settling on me. Putting down his weapons, he inquired.

"Since I'm his favourite," I remarked as I untied my shoe laces, "he undertakes more experimentation on me than any of you to identify less weaknesses and more strengths for me."

"El, I'm sorry. I had no idea," From his seat, Cobi apologised. "Of course you didn't," I shot back, yanking my boots off my feet with a vengeance. "You never bother asking."