CHAPTER FOURTEEN

MR. CURLY HAIR

       LEE DRAGGED HER feet into her house

       LEE DRAGGED HER feet into her house. She took her shoes off before padding through the crowd of people. She covered here face from anyone in view as she found her way upstairs to her bedroom.

She turned the knob only for it to not budge. Then she remembered how her sister promised to lock the door so no one would wonder in. Sighing, she padded her way to her sister room in hopes of the keys being in there. What she didn't expect was to see the party host under the covers sobbing.

The sister ran to the bed and jumped under the comforter. She hasn't seen Carrie this upset since their mother left. "Hey, hey, Care. What-What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Lee was able to bring Carrie's face out of her blanket and lay her sisters head on her chest as she caught her breath.

The girl was still hiccuping when she said the words out loud, making them all the more true, "Nick broke up with me."

Lee couldn't believe what she heard. Why would Nick do such a thing? She didn't question her sister any further and just held her close as she let it all out until she cried herself to sleep. Lee then made sure that her classmates were gone before locking up the house and going back into her sisters room as the both of them slept their broken hearts away.

><><><

       "And right. And left. Step, touch," Lee instructed the dance class. The dance teacher had asked her to create a partners dance routine and she was going over the steps with her classmates and teammates because most of them were both. Flynn was in the middle of the girls and Julie was no where to be seen. That is, until she ran into the room.

       "Oh, Julie, how nice of you to join us," the teacher spoke sarcastically as she controlled the volume of the music.

       Julie sighs, "I'm so sorry. I overslept."

       Their teacher gestured to the group, "Take your spot. Caroline's teaching us some new steps. Then we're stretching."

       The girl nodded and took her spot beside Flynn and quickly joined in with the dance. "So, why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes."

       Flynn looked at her simply, "You said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person."

       "It's okay. It's those stupid ghosts that I'm really upset at. And I don't think Lee will even want to come to my house after school. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead." Julie whispered.

       "Hey, what if you just have Lee hurt them since she can touch them?" Flynn suggested, unaware that her statement was no longer true.

       Julie looked at her pointedly, "Lee wouldn't want to see them."