Practice Date

She lathered on the shampoo and ran her fingers through her hair.

She adored showers.

It was her only time of peace, her only moment of relaxation, the only quiet-

A loud bang came at the door.

"Y/N! Can I come in?" James' voice rang from outside the door, disturbing her relaxation.

She quietly groaned before yelling back, "What is it, James?"

He sighed, "I need your help!"

She groaned a bit louder, "I'm in the middle of my shower!"

"Please!" He whined.

She sighed, rinsing her hair, "Fine, come in."

The door opened and closed and James took a seat on the counter, taking a deep breath.

Y/N pulled the curtain to the side a bit, just enough to reveal her annoyed face, "What is so important you had to disturb my shower?"

James breathed out, "I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask Natasha out."

Y/N's eyes widened, "Really?!"

James nodded, "I finally decided, I'm gonna do it."

Y/N hummed, "That's great James." She closed the curtain up again and frustratingly ran her hands on her face.

"I just have one problem." James sighed.

Y/N cleared her throat, "What is it?"

"I haven't been on a date since 1943!"

Y/N chuckled under her breath as she lathered conditioner to the tips of her hair. "There's nothing wrong with that."

James scoffed, "Yes there is! I don't have any dating experience in this century!"

Y/N rinsed her hair and began scrubbing her body, "You'll be fine!"

James shook his head, "No I won't. I need you."

Y/N heart practically stopped, "W-what do you mean?"

"I need you! Let's go on a practice date just to get it out of the way. Please, Y/N!" James insisted.

Y/N shut her eyes.

If only he was really asking her out...

"Fine. I'll go on a practice date."

Later that day:

"I cannot believe I agreed to this," Y/N sighed as she slipped on her earrings.

James had insisted they go out tonight, to get the practice out of the way.

She was wearing a short white dress that tied around her neck and had a low cut, showing her cleavage. Her hair was down and natural and she had simple jewelry on.

There was a knock on her door. She went over and opened it. It was Steve.

"Hey, Rogers," Y/N smiled as she slipped on her heels.

"Hey- Woah." Steve gasped quietly. "Why are you all dressed up?"

Y/N stood up, "James and I are going on a date-"

"What?!" Steve exclaimed as he sat down on the bed. "Bucky finally did it?"

Y/N nodded, "Yep. He's finally going to ask out Nat. We're going on a practice date."