𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"We've sent fifty emails so far. Great progress, Ms. Kingston." I grinned widely as I pressed send on Yves' laptop.

"Thank you. I'm starting to have a headache though," I stretched my hands slightly before yawning quietly.

"There are some painkillers in there," he pointed to a shiny black cabinet near his bookshelf some metres away from his desk.

"Thank goodness." I murmured before standing up.

I had been working for Yves for three weeks now and we've managed to be professional around each other. Okay, maybe a few implicitly flirty remarks here and there but lately, there hadn't been any physical contact whatsoever.

I actually enjoyed his company, he had a great sense of humour albeit he barely laughed and it was often me. He always got me some delicious lunch especially whenever I had too much work and forgot to eat.

I adjusted the grey, silk mid-thigh bodycon I had worn that day with some strappy silver heels. It accentuated my body a little too much but Yves never seemed to mind unless it was something red, even lipstick. So I stuck to a clear shiny lip gloss instead.

I bent down slowly to open the cabinet and I immediately heard a deep but faint groan from Yves.

I turned my head to look at him and found his grey eyes staring at me shamelessly. I couldn't help the little smile that formed on my lips but I turned my head away before taking the packet of aspirin.

I stood back up and for a valid reason, I did it seductively. Despite it being so incoherent, I heard him hiss slowly to himself. I walked back to the table and he passed me a water bottle, avoiding my satisfied gaze.

"Is everything okay, Mr. Nicholson?" I questioned innocently while taking two tablets into my palm.

He exhaled loudly then crossed his huge biceps over his chest before turning his stormy eyes to my face. They were now a little bit darker, with a tiny glint of concupiscence.

"I'm alright Ms. Kingston, do I look sick to you?" He questioned and I couldn't help but laugh.

"No. You look a little dazed, and distracted." I smiled innocently, his eyes never leaving mine.

Yves had a serious thing for eye contact and I was slowly getting used to it from being around him the entire day.

At random times, when we would be working, he'd just stop and start staring intently at me working or talking or even humming a tune, as if he were collecting more miniscule details to put in his database about me.

He was very vigilant too. Everytime I moved a fraction of a degree, he'd notice and his body would tense up depending on the amount or impact of the movement.

At other times, his eyes would quickly avert to me and watch until I completely stopped moving. I'd say Yves had quite unique characteristics that I had barely seen from anyone else. At first, it puzzled me, but I was gradually adjusting.