iv.

________________________________

chapter four.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙paranoia.

 *ੈ✩‧₊˚________________________________

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
________________________________

"How'd it go?" Cobi asked as I walked out of the lab. With his arms folded and leaning against the wall, he inquired.

I passed by him, prompting him to quicken his pace in order to catch up to me and walk alongside me. I continued walking, sarcastically remarking, "I feel like I just got five needles shoved up my ass."

Cobi slowed down a little. "Wait... did you actually get five needles shoved in your ass?" He inquired with sincerity, which caused me to widen my eyes and shake my head 'no.'

"No, Cobi, five needles were not shoved in my a—," I started before being cut off. "Who's shoving what in Electra's ass?" Fuse emerged in the corridor, his brows furrowed, and interrupted me.

"Nothing's getting shoved in my ass," I said as I walked away, leaving the two of them to their own thoughts. Fuse pointed out, "Right, because you're not into that sort of thing," and I chose to be the mature one and ignore his comments.

"El! Suit up! On the way out, I'll inform you of our mission!" As I walked out, Cobi called from behind me, across the corridor. I extended my hand as a goodbye before putting both hands in my pockets and left them to watch my silhouette fade from view.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"So, what exactly is the mission?" As the two of us walked out of Spectre Headquarters, I asked Cobi. "Right. While you were with Dr. Smyth, Mr Spector spoke with Ian, Fuse, and myself about our missions. Ian and Fuse will be on a mission together again while the two of us will be on our own," I nodded in understanding as he informed me.

"All right, so what's our mission?" I inquired as I walked over to the Spectre Headquarters' restricted parking area. He said, clicking the unlock button on the car remote, "We're going to receive a package for Mr Spector."

"A package? Are we delivery men now?" I questioned as Cobi and I walked over to the 2020 Ferrari SF90 Stradale. He agreed with me, "That was also what I thought."

I circled the crimson ferrari, getting into the passenger seat while Cobi sat in the driver seat. "Can you tell me what we're supposed to be collecting?" I asked as Cobi hit the start button and selected automatic transmission before taking the wheel of the sports automobile.

"He didn't say. He just said to collect the package," He responded while concentrating on his driving. "Doesn't that strike you as odd?" I asked, my gaze fixed on the road as I leant back in my seat, arms crossed.