unknowingly, the beginning

"fuck, I'm late", I thought. "she'll be running her mouth about it all day too, goddamn I need to leave this place, ya know, they don't appreciate me enou-" my rambling was cut off by a surprise guest in the breakroom. He turned around and smiled once our eyes had met. "wow...you're pretty" I thought to myself. "Hey! um, how are you? my name's Lawrence. What's your name?" "Alyssa," I said smiling "I'm doing great Lawrence, it's very nice to meet you. I didn't know we had someone new today, you caught me off guard." I said in the most charming voice I could have put on. I had a weird feeling, "you're going to be an important person in my life, I don't know why but I'll check back to see if I'm correct in a few months" I thought, making myself a mental note.

The diners' closing time was approaching and the only thing still running through my mind was the feeling I had about this boy, he was going to become something bigger, I just knew it. it came time for me to head home so I grabbed my jacket and stepped out into the mid-January cold "hey alyssa!" someone shouted over the gusting wind. it was him parked next to me, "hi, ready to get home?" I shouted back, "yes but I had to say that we should be friends" "yes of course! we can be friends" "okay, sounds like a plan! get home safe," he said, still shouting over the wind but now with a huge smile on his face. I got into my car and let out a grin, I listened to "you've really got a hold on me" by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles on my entire car ride home and for the first time in a while had butterflies in my stomach.