Roommate Wanted

Bakugou was scrolling through the internet between customers, switching through apps to keep himself occupied.

Everything in the store had been taken care of to the best of his ability, which was pretty damn amazing, if you asked him. He was the only one at the flower shop who cared enough to do all the maintenance and behind the scenes work on the floors and fixtures for the flower displays. If anyone asked why he was so hard working at a job he didn't seem all that passionate about, he'd simply tell them that he wasn't going to let himself slack off at his job, no matter what the job was. It helped that he had actually studied flowers in the past, wanting to cram as much knowledge into his brain to distract from the yelling of his mother.

On one app, he found a posting saying:

Roommate Wanted

Curious, he clicked on the post to read more. He was looking for a roommate as well, after all.

Looking for someone who's willing to go 50/50 on an apartment or house. Must clean up after themselves, must be able to cook, and must be open minded.

Bakugou was all those things ... Well, he was about as open minded as he could be. If someone was being a dumbass then they were being a dumbass, no questions necessary. And he sure as hell wasn't going to be open minded about homophobia or transphobia, nor about any other prejudices. 

He continued to read the posting, deciding he might as well DM the poster.

"You need a roommate?" He sent.

A customer walked in as he sent that, but a few minutes later, he felt a buzz in his pocket, hoping it signaled a reply. 

He ignored it in favor of helping the customer in the store figure out what flowers meant what and which colors were appropriate to give for the situation they were buying for.

He was glad at least someone who came in today was curious about the flowers' meanings and all, but he was more so annoyed at the fact that this customer just wouldn't. Fucking. Leave.

The person finally left after nearly half an hour, and Bakugou sighed out of relief.

He tidied up the store a little more, only needing to take about five or so minutes to do so.

Finally, he checked his phone. A simple "I do." was what he was met with.

He debated on what to say next before settling on "Okay. To make sure you won't annoy the hell outta me we should meet up."

He didn't receive a reply until near the end of his shift, hours later.

"I just finished up my last tattoo for the day, so I should be free later, after I clean up my area."

Bakugou squinted. Tattoo? He looked across the street to the tattoo parlor. Interesting, he thought.

He took a look at the profile picture of the guy, and noticed he had split dyed hair, half white and half red. He looked familiar for some reason, but that could've just been his imagination. But still, the person looked way too familiar for his liking.

He took a look at the time and realized he only had about 20 minutes left of his shift before the next person came to take over the floor.

"My shift is almost over at my job, too. Where are you close to?"

The reply came after another 3 minutes. Yes, Bakugou was counting, he was tired and ready to get off work.

"I'm close to Flowerworks if you know what that is? On 4th street? I know of a few cafes we could meet at around there."