Chapter Twenty Six

It was nearly three months before the interview circuit started. After all, they had to finalize the movie before they could start advertising. So, by the time the interviewing process did start, Cas and Dean were closer than ever. Their relationship was headline news almost every week, and personally, Dean felt happier than he had in a long time.

The day of the first interview started with Dean waking up curled in his bed, Cas attached to him from behind like an overprotective sloth. That was also a pretty common thing by then, so Dean didn't mind. Smiling, he turned his head to kiss Cas gently. Cas opened his eyes as he pulled away, smiling.

"Morning," Cas slurred, and Dean cuddled closer.

After nearly ten minutes of just laying around, Dean decided that it was time they got up. Disentangling himself from a very irritated Cas, he stood up and went to take a shower. By the time he had finished and come back, Cas had only managed to sit up in bed. Shaking his head with a snort, Dean grabbed a pillow and chucked it at Cas's head. The target of this pillow violence spluttered in shock as he swatted the pillow away.

"You treat your boyfriend this way? Wait until the press hear," Cas teased, finally getting up.

Dodging Cas's return throw of the pillow, Dean went out to the kitchen to find something worth eating. After finally finding something that seemed appetizing, he settled onto the counter to eat and wait for Cas to finally arrive from the bedroom.

It only took about ten minutes for Cas to come out, hair damp, from the bedroom. He gave Dean the soft smile that always served to melt him and leaned over to give him a quick kiss. Following the same patterns that Dean had, he rifled through the fridge until he found something that seemed to sound good to him.

They ate in comfortable silence, Dean finishing first by a mile. Throwing his trash away, he turned to grin at Cas.

"So, are you ready to finally start the interviews?" Dean asked, watching Cas change as he realized exactly what day it was.

"Holy shit, that's today?" Cas asked, the smile coming onto his face. "Hell yeah, I am! I love the interviews! And..." he said, stepping closer to Dean, "we get to do them together."

"Correct, sir," Dean teased, giving Cas a quick kiss before checking his phone. "We have to be there in about an hour and a half, so get ready and we'll call the driver. I'd rather be early than late."

Cas gave him a solid nod, throwing his own trash away and going back toward the bedroom. Dean turned his attention back to his phone, texting the driver that he needed him there to take them soon. It was about forty five minutes away, so he wasn't taking many chances. The driver quickly responded with a thumbs up emoji, and Dean put his phone in his pocket as he waited.

It was a good fifteen minutes before Cas came back out, dressed in a pretty nice casual outfit to match Dean's own. Dean couldn't help the way that his heart jumped a little at the fact that Cas not only remembered what he'd been wearing, but purposefully matched with it. It was some serious domestic shit, and he had to be going soft by now, but still. He could enjoy the cute moments when he got them, okay?

Heading downstairs, Cas in tow, Dean stepped out into the cold December air. Shaking his head, he moved to the car quickly. Cas laughed behind him and took his time, getting into the backseat a good ten seconds after Dean had. As soon as the door had shut, they were off.

The car ride was filled with excited chatter about the interview, possible conversation or question topics, and what to do to avoid spoilers. Despite Dean knowing that it was a long drive, it felt like no time at all before they were being dropped off in front of the building.