Father

February 4, 2021. It was that day again. That day was and will always be the hardest day of the year.  Bob woke up and looked at a photograph of him and Cecil with their father. It was sitting on his dresser next to his reading glasses. Just as Bob started to tear up, Cecil walked in. 

"The days are getting harder as the years go by." Bob said. He wiped a few tears with his arm.  Cecil sat next to him. 

"I still miss him," Cecil stated. Cecil also teared up a little.  "All those memories of me as a kid, and he didn't give me much attention. " 

"Don't say that. He did. Well, he tried. . ." Bob told him. 

Cecil began to hysterically sob.  "He didn't even pay attention to me! Ever! He never even dared to! He didn't then, and he can't now!" 

Bob fell silent and just pulled him in for a hug. Bob usually never acted like this toward them, but today was tough. He knew he had to do something good for his brother at least once, just to make him feel loved and appreciated. 

Cecil cried his heart out. Those were his real emotions he had bottled up inside for the past two anniversaries. He was finally letting them all out. 

"I'm sorry, dear brother.  This probably sounds a bit awkward, but, you're an amazing brother.  I wouldn't usually say this, but you need it on a day like today."

Cecil hugged him back tightly. He didn't say anything. He just wanted some love and affection that he almost never had. 

"He is still in our hearts. We will see him again someday." Bob continued comforting Cecil.  

"Yeah, some day that's too far away. " Cecil replied. 

"Yeah, but it's better than never." stated Bob.  

Bob started crying a lot too. "At least we still have each other. We are not just brothers, but we are also friends, and we stick together through thick and thin." Bob gave a weak smile. 

They were still embracing each other.  

"Thanks, Bob." Cecil gave a light smile through his tears. "I love you." 

"I love you too, brother." 

*Author's note: This is PLATONIC!!!!! This is NOT a ship! This is just sibling bonding time between my two favorite Simpsons characters. Robert Sr.'s death is just a headcanon since the character was possibly retired after John Mahoney died.