Chapter 1.

Snow falls on a cold winter night as a pair of boots step out of an old black muscle car. A man tosses a burnt cigarette to the ground as he removes a sword and a gun from the vehicle. He let's out a heavy sigh as he walks off into the forest just outside of a small city in the northern part of America. The harsh wind blew as the man occasionally looked around in search of something.

As wondering for a few miles he finally stopped and smelt the air. A wicked grin grew on his face as he placed his hand on the pistol he had strapped to his leg. Branches cracked around him as if being stalked by an unknown creature. The man took out a small bottle of a mysterious liquid and drank it quickly, his eyes turned solid black as he quickly turned around firing two rounds off into the forest. Growling came from all around him but lasted only a few moments here and there. He had no way of knowing is he was out numbered, but he knew he wasn't out matched. A pack of hellhounds surrounded the man, snarling and snapping at him.

Whenever one would try to attack he'd fire a round into the head of the beasts. Yet everyone killed was replaced by another, this event went on until no more bullets could be fired. He quickly drew his sword and continued fighting until the sun began to rise. By the time the fight was over the man's clothes had been torn, he had been covered in blood, his skin sliced and shredded. However he had won, the beasts had been slain and he would be able to collect his payment. He began walking back to his vehicle when his wounds finally becoming too much for him to bare, collapsing just as he went to reach for the door handle.

Hours passed before someone had come to look for him. An older man with grey hair could only look down and shake his head as he picked up the man and put him in his vehicle.

Old man: "What am I gonna do with you Gabriel..."

The old man drove them back to a mansion surrounded by a large metal wall with a stone base. A team of paramedics came rushing out with a stretcher to aid the injured man although he seemed stable.

As Gabriel recovered he had dreams of a blonde/white haired woman, lost and scared. She was being hunted but by what? Gabriel rushed to aid her in the dream but every time he got close she seemed to get further away from him. He watched as she ran into a diner, he could barely make out the name. It read Sam's 24 hour diner, he wasn't sure what to make of everything. He wasn't sure if he was suppose to help her or just leave her, but he knew someone who'd have the answer he may be looking for.

Time passed as others waited for Gabriel to recover, the old man sat at his desk in the main office when a few younger men came in. Jason and Alex, they were the ones who were suppose to have accepted the job.

Old man: "A pack of hellhounds....A job too big for one man to handle alone."

Alex: "Gabriel said he could handle a hellhound though, he said he's faced them before."

Old man: "Gabriel has fought one before. Not an entire pack! He is the oldest Witcher aside from myself! I cannot train everyone and keep everyone alive on my own."

Jason: "We told him it wasn't going to be an easy job! We told him there was word of a hellhound problem in the Salt Lake area!"

Old man: "You didn't tell him how many?!"

Alex: "He never asked!"

The yelling could be heard all over the mansion, even Gabriel heard it. His eyes shot open as he ripped the iv needles out of his arm and jumped from the hospital bed. The nurse watching him attempted to get him back in the bed but Gabriel didn't listen and pushed past them. He made his way to the main office and busted through the door grabbing one of the younger men by their collar.

Gabriel: "Next time you back out of a job you should make sure to pass on the rest of the information! I could have died and my death would have been on your hands!"