v.

________________________________

chapter five.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙russian roulette.

 *ੈ✩‧₊˚________________________________

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
________________________________

I awoke with a grunt as I raised my head from its dangling position to the side. When I tried to open my eyes, all I saw was darkness; a blindfold had obstructed my vision, and the groan that escaped my lips was drowned out by the gag in my mouth.

As soon as I raised my head, I felt a sharp pain in my neck that had been present since I was knocked unconscious by whatever it was I had been injected with.

My immediate instinct was to reach for the right side of my neck, but I was only halted when I felt restraints around my wrists that I couldn't break free from. That only meant one thing and one thing only; promethium.

I had been injected with some sort of non-lethal promethium, and had been bound by promethium. However, it wasn't burning my skin, indicating that the promethium had been laced with regular steel on the outside to prevent my hands from being burned off.

I could still feel the rain-soaked moisture of my hair and suit clinging to my skin. As a result, I could feel the cold metal of the harsh chair I was restrained to; my hands were restrained behind the chair, and my feet were tied together in front of me, using the restraints placed on the chair-legs, by what I assume were the same restraints around my wrists that contained promethium.

I tried to break free from the restraints, only to find out it was impossible. Who in the world would go to such extent to apprehend me? And why... how did they know of my existence?

What the hell is happening?

Where's Cobi?

...Why do I feel so weak?

When the blindfold across my eyes was torn off, all the questions I had in my head evaporated. As the brightness stung my eyes, I squinted them when they opened.

My eyesight went dark for a few seconds, with white beams from the outside world intruding. I struggled against the blinding brightness that pierced my eyes, ultimately forcing them to open and adjust to it.

When my eyes finally opened wide, I took a glance around the room where I had been held captive. I was seated in a metal chair that hurt your back when you leant against it, and in front of me was a metal table with a replica of the unpleasant chair I was sitting on, on the opposite side.

There was something in the centre of the tabletop that I assumed was used to restrain captives so that their hands would be seen if they attempted anything.