TWENTY NINE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Time passed far too quickly, at one point I had no idea where I was but that didn't bother me

Time passed far too quickly, at one point I had no idea where I was but that didn't bother me. I wanted to get as far away from the pack house as I could, my thoughts were dangerous and my actions may become catastrophic. I didn't want to hurt anyone, verbally or physically.

I doubt anyone would be missing me, if anything they'd probably be relieved that I was gone. That way they could focus on the mission themselves and do this for Hope and Alfie.

That was the only reason Kassian was helping anyway, Alfie almost strangled him in the kitchen and shouted at him until he agreed to help out.

I wanted nothing more than to run off and take down Pandora myself, now that I had the Guidant's Locket, I had everything I needed to destroy her. But somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that it was a bad idea.

Talking myself out of it was the hardest part. The curse had bubbled up so painfully in my stomach that all I could think of was revenge. Just like when my father and I escaped her, I couldn't calm down. Not for a few seconds to just think rationally.

I needed to kill her there and then.

But something inside of me stops me from acting so stupidly. Knowing my mothers powers, I wouldn't stand a chance alone, her magic would throw me from one end of the woods to the other.

As I dragged myself away before I changed my mind again, I somehow had looped back around, remembering the smell of pinewood that surrounded the pack house. My body shifts back into my human form, my bones feeling achy and exhausted from hours and hours of running.

My skin was covered in dirt and was obviously paler than usual, everything screamed unhealthy. I looked like I had been through hell and back, at least I felt like I had even though I felt somewhat relieved. I needed the time away. For my own benefit.

I lean down to grab the clothes I had left before taking off, pulling them onto my dirty body as I walk through the trees. My eyes glance up at the house before me, noticing how Nella was standing outside of the kitchen door and looking into the distance.

A few words slip from my mouth, quiet enough that she couldn't hear.

My ears prick at the sound of a small gasp, then loud footsteps charging towards me. I can't force my eyes to look up so I keep them trained on the floor.

"What the hell Cleo?!" Nella's voice booms through the back garden.

You could hear in her tone that she was upset but I didn't want to believe it. Why would she?

"I thought you fucking left us, why would you do that?" She steps forward, her voice raising as she speaks.

Even I flinch as she swears, Nella barely swears and when she does, you know shit is serious.