Chap 1

Zoey got a bit worried when Max came home angry. She decided to confront him about it at dinner.

'Something happened at work?' She asked.

'I was insulted at work, and I handled it badly.' Max replied.

'How so?'

'I went to a floor lower then the 1 we work on, and someone said I was an insult to coders everywhere. I didn't know why someone would ever call me that, so I confronted him. He then went on to call me fat, a loser, and stupid.'

'Ouch. But, why the bruised knuckle?' Zoey asked. Pointing to Max's left knuckle.

'Because the jerk called my girlfriend stupid and weird! And I reacted by punching him in the face.

'Oh! Oh, that is something.' Zoey replied, uncomfortably.

'What's bad about it? Nobody calls you like that and expects me to just leave it alone.' Max said.

'You can't go around punching every single person who thinks I'm weird, Max! As your boss, I'm telling you to apologize to that jerk. I know you don't like that, but I can't have my workers behaving inmaturely.' Zoey replied.

Max groaned.

The next evening

'Did you apologize?' Zoey asked.

'Yes. And the jerk did as well, though. It sounded like he was forced to.' Max replied.

'Do you feel better now?'

'Not really. But I know you meant well, even though I didn't agree.'

'That's because I mean well.' Zoey said, then she kissed him.