Chapter One - Introduction

Lola McEvoy.

She's the backbone of her family, a student at Drexel studying film/cinema and video studies and at 24 years of age she had planned her future from the age of 13 and knew where she wanted to be by the age of 30.

Her mother, addicted to hard drugs and alcohol, left her when she was 10. She never had a mother figure in her life but was lucky she had her Aunt Kate to step up to the plate and took on that role. Aunt Kate wasn't actually related to Lola's mother by blood, but was her best friend. Seeing her best friends family fall apart, she couldn't stand by and do nothing so she took Lola in like she was her own. Her father didn't win father of the year that year. He couldn't handle it  when his wife up and left in the middle of the night without even saying  word to her husband. Lola's father, started drinking to numb his own pain and blamed Lola for his wife leaving, and in time with the alcohol it also made him violent towards Lola.

Despite her difficult upbringing, she thankfully has the support of her Aunty and Uncle who has taken her in when Lola's family fell apart. Aunty Kate & Uncle Bob has a son named Jordan.
He's been her best friend since the age of 10 and when puberty kicked in, he started to develop a tiny crush on Lola.

Jordan, the same age as Lola now also studies at Drexel majoring in photography. He has always asked Lola to be his subject in a lot of his projects and she never says no as she loves what Jordan can do with a camera and wants to see him succeed and chase his dreams.

Lola currently is living at her boyfriend,  Xavier's apartment in Cedar Park. They've been dating for almost 1 year and next month will be their 1 year anniversary. He works at the Philly Museum of Art as the exhibition project manager.
They started dating when she visited the museum one day with Jordan and Xavier couldn't keep his eyes off of Lola. Jordan didn't like him from day dot and had a bad feeling about him but Lola has been wearing rose coloured glasses for quite some time now that she justifies his behaviour and couldn't see any of the red flags.

With her troubled upbringing and the limited support circle around her, will Lola make it to the age of 30 and be where she wanted to be when she was imagining life as a 13 year old girl?

You'll just have to begin this journey with her and see where she'll end up....