Explanation

Aqua. Terra. Aer. Ignis.

Most famously known as the four houses of the old St. Clair Boarding School, these four elements hold more than just a name. The four founders of the Earth, the siblinghood that bound them together, born of light and darkness, yin and yang, they made the world whole.

But that was close to two hundred thousand  years ago. Humans have marred the existence of the world and the Four have long since disappeared. The famous St. Clair school is an abandoned wreck, left in ruins after a war that destroyed it and all its surroundings. The tale of the Four has faded through history, forgotten and dismissed as childish fantasy. Nobody knows of it but the old librarian who dusts the book down every decade or so, and even her time is coming to a close. Nobody knows of the tale anymore, of the truth.

You don't know about it.

But things are happening. Strange things. Some of you are waking up to your pillows smouldering, or things having blown around your room in the night, or finding that the taps have been turned on, or finding a pile of soil in the middle of a room. You're hearing voices, whispering voices that you can't make out the meaning of, or sudden bumps in the night. The voices have been with you since you were little, and they're growing louder. Slowly, you can make out the odd word or so from the mumbling and whispering. Pieces are being put together and then, last week, they stopped altogether. Silence.

Is this what normal people feel like? Probably. But you're not normal. And when you're dreaming about vicious fires and hurricanes and storms and earthquakes that happen days afterwards, you're slowly slipping into insanity. And then, everything stops. You stop.

You can't remember what happened, but you can remember screaming, a dizzying feeling, and now you're in this room. You're lying on a bed. There's nothing else around you and the silence is deafening. No, wait- there's a noise. A rustle, a clicking noise, a key, the door...