one

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday were my favorite days of the week. I'd been working a part-time job for about five months as supplemental income to help pay for my college tuition. At my first job, I worked the other four days a week. I wasn't really sure how I managed to be a full-time student and keep both of my jobs, but at some point, it was like I went into autopilot mode. Every day just kinda became one really long day, but the best part of it was seeing her. I'd wait all weekend till Monday, and then I'd wait through all my morning classes to leave and see her.

I knew I shouldn't have been as excited as I was to see her every day since she was married, but how could I help myself? Everyone needed something to hang onto to get them through to the next day and for me, she was it. Being around her was like a breath of fresh air, like the first sip of water on a hot day or the feeling of relief when you think you've lost something valuable and find it after looking for a while. And the thing about it was she didn't try. She didn't try to be my safe haven, she just was, effortlessly.

I miss that.

I miss her.

And when I find her again, I'll make sure the second time around, nothing gets between us.