Non Human Humanity

As a god there are many things you can do, so little you can't, as a god you would assume contentment, practically nothing you cannot have, so why then, as a god; would XD feel any discontent with 'life'.

It felt rather fickle calling it life, he had not been born, he was simply existing. He felt that if he wanted to, he could classify himself as living, however he felt no need to; humanity had created the concept, he was simply drifting through time and occasionally, boredom sometimes seeped its way through the cracks of his celestial stance.

By this point he was aware that death would not affect him the way it does mortals. He decided that its claws would never sink into him the way it did with mortals. But he knew of death, he had seen it up close.

He knew of last breaths, causing some as well. He knew he would never feel what it is like to have your force drain from your body and have that wave of acceptance as his eyes shut for the last time. He would never experience so much of what humans lived, hunger, grief, heartache... He expected anyway.

So why one day, as his eyes strayed to look down upon the mortal world, did his chest restrict, he had no need for breath? His head was full, but yet he would not muster a thought into fruition. He looked down on the world and he saw humans; just as he did everytime, living, breathing, working, playing and dying.

But on this occasion, his eyes locked on a single human, unmoving from the place where he sat. XD gazed upon the man, wondering if he were a god in disguise, or if he had been gifted with angelic beauty by one of them. His heart grew heavy in his chest, weighing him down. XD felt as though he may fall through the sky from the very place he lay himself.

The human he saw was a regular mortal. He was no god, no child of a god, nor was he gifted ethereal beauty by one. The man simply sat on a window sill with a book in hand, watching as the late afternoon sun turned the sky a luminous gold while it descended into the horizon.

The man was unaware that he had caught the eye of a god. To him this was any normal day, he was a simple farm hand, spending the day in the field by his cottage and retiring before dinner. That was his everyday, so on this day, which was so out of the ordinary by the universe's standards, had appeared regular to the man, almost mundane in a sense.

XD wasted no time, heading down to earth to meet his man. Of course in the blink of an eye he could know everything there was to know about him, but something compelled the god to find out from the man himself. He wanted to know about the mortal, about his days, his life.

He had never felt like this before, to XD human lives were boring, he did not frolic in the knowledge that a new one had come into existence, nor did he despair when one departed. But with this one it was different.

So when his feet touched the paving stones of the cottage's front pathway and walked toward the door before knocking ever so gently, almost as if deciding if the human did not hear his door go, he would leave.

And for the first time in thousands of years, as he waited there feebly on the cobble path, a great god reduced to a mere man.

XD felt ecstatic.