Chapter 1: home loud home...

"Thank you so much for helping me!" You wave to the moving people that helped you with your stuff. You turned and gazed at your new house in pride. You were sharing with a roommate, who you haven't met yet, so it would most likely be easier to do chores around the house.

You titled your head. Well, it wasn't a house, per se...more like a rental shelter? Whatever, as long as you had a roof over your head. You opened the door and walked inside, being greeted with plates in the sink and clothes on the floor.

Are you kidding me?...

You sigh and start picking up the clothes scattered across the apartment, as well as getting started with the dishes in the sink.

Whoever is living with me better get their priorities straight and do their chores...

"WILBUR YOU ARSEHOLE!!" You jump as you hear a British voice scream from next door. You open the window, gloves still on, and peer outside. Next door, there was a blonde boy, with headphones on, doing something on a computer. Whatever it was, he was loud. Like, LOUD loud.
You cup your hands around your mouth and yell out to him, "HEY!!" He quickly pulled off his headphones and glanced your way.

"Sorry, do you think you can keep it down a bit? You're kinda loud," you pointed out to him. "Ah, right, sorry!" The boy grinned sheepishly. "I'm kinda doing a YouTube video. I'll try to keep it down." He put his headphones back on, turning his eyes back to his screen. You close the window, locking it tightly.

"Hello? Did a clean freak burglar break in or something?"

You turn to see the source of the female voice. There stood a girl, with blonde hair pulled tightly into a ponytail, in a defensive position, and holding a bat. You quickly raised your hands to show that you had no weapons and no intentions of harm. "Hi! Hey! I'm Y/N L/N, we're gonna be roommates. Now please put down the bat."

"Oh, sorry!" She put down the bat carefully on the couch before stepping forward. Sure
She grinned a toothy smile, like a child. "Hey bestie!! I'm Puff, so nice to meetcha!" She opened her arms, silently asking for a conventual hug. You smile and step into her arms. The blonde girl pulled you into a hug, the dyed tip of her ponytail accidentally whipping you in the face. You spit out her hair silently.

"So, you did this? Sorry about the mess, I swear I was gonna clean to get ready to greet ya, but there was a family emergency and I had to leave."
You shook your head. "It's fine. Is everything okay, though?" "Yep! My sister's pregnant!" Puff grinned, ecstatic. "Oh my gosh, congrats!!" you smile, and she hops up and down. "Thank you!! It's a girl!!" She squealed a bit. "Sorry, does the fangirling bother you? I'm a bit of a dweeb." She laughed. "No, not really. I nerd over [favorite thing], so you're gonna hear a lot of that from me."

Puff laughed. "No way! I love that!!" She went to reach for your hands, but pulled back. "May I grab your hands? I don't know if you're uncomfortable with that or anything."
You smile and hold out your hands. "Go ahead, thanks for asking." She grasps your hands and spins around, giggling like a maniac.

"Oh! Have you met Tommy?" Puff asks, stopping the dizzying experience. You pause. "Who?" "He's our neighbor. He lives over there," she added, pointing towards the window where you encountered the boy. "Oh, yeah, him. He's kinda loud," you bluntly state. She laughed. "Yeah, but he's really cool. I go over to his house sometimes to record YouTube videos."

"WILBUR I SWEAR I AM GOING TO F*CKING MURDER YOU!"

You give a jolt. Puff sees this and laughs. "Yeah, I'll text him and ask him to shut his trap." You chuckle at her words.

"So!" Puff exclaims, clapping her hands, "what do you wanna do? Decorate your new room??" She was like a kid hopped up on sugar, she was so excited.

You laugh and wave her down. "Sure, sure." She jumped up high and ran down the hallway.

Hobey Ho, everyone! (Pendragon reference 😂) this is the first chapter of this book! This won't update very often, so I'm really sorry about that, but when it does, it'll (hopefully) be long! (That's what she said I'M SORRY-)

Until next time!
-𝓞𝓬𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓪 (Oceana)