Stris-mas

24th December

It is the night before Christmas. The working day has just ended and the 20-david team can finally go on vacation and enjoy a permit that would lastfrom Christmas to the New Year.

To celebrate and to thank for the support they received, Chris and Street have organized a large Christmas dinner at their new house. They have invited everyone, from Chris's family to team members, and some friends.

They are a couple, at last. They have made it. Finding a definitive solution had not been easy, but Street and Chris had agreed to talk to the team first, and then to Hicks, and they had all managed to come to an understanding together. Apparently, everyone already knew that something was going on between them. According to Luca, they knew long before the two of them admitted it.

Chris is putting her gears away in her locker, when she feels someone hugging her from behind and kissing her on the right cheek.

"Hey, as much as I love you, we said no PDA at work, remember?"

"Sorry Chris, it's just that I'm so happy. The Christmas party at our house, the fact that we are together... together...I need you to pinch me and tell me that it's real, sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming...remember when we were here, in these exact same room, deyning our feelings for each other?"

Chris can't help but smile at the thought.

"Yes, I remember... we had good reasons..."

She turns around and takes him into her arms. She can't wait to give him her gift.

"Do you wanna stay longer and do an extra workout with me?" he whispers in her ear.

"Oh, no, I need to go back home and arrange the last few things for tomorrow."

Besides... She was not sure whether she could still train, she had already been risking a lot in the previous days on the field.

"Okay, I'm coming with you then... we can work out after the holidays"

"Yes, sure, I'm gonna kick your ass anyway," says Chris with a smirk.

All of a sudden, nausea grips her stomach, and she has to run to the bathroom.

"Chris, are you all right ???" asks Street, running after her.

"Yes, it's probably something I ate."

Street looks at her with a frown "Okay..."

"C'mon lets go home, we have a party coming up. The house is not gonna clean up by itself."

Once outside the HQ, they get on Street's bike, Chris clings onto him, as they leave and go back home to start their well-deserved holidays.

25th December

Everything is ready on Christmas day. Guests begin to arrive one after the other, until they are all gathered together, celebrating Christmas like one big, happy family.

After lunch, Chris decides that it is the right time for them to exchange presents. She had tried to buy a small gift for everyone, with Street's help, to show her... their gratitude, for their presence.

It was also time for Chris to reveal her secret, a secret that she would have soon be unable to hide. She is three-months pregnant. At first, she wanted to tell Street before anyone else, but then she thought she'd surprise him, though she wasn't quite sure how he would take it. Of course, they had talked about starting a family. It had been a weird conversation: she had mainly dated women, and had never thought about having children, probably because she had not yet found the right person back at that time.