prologue

it was finally done, all the forms had been filled out, everything was in place for him to transfer clubs. it had been a big decision, but he felt it would be the right one for him. volleyball was tiring, it drained his energy, and it just didn't feel like those moments of joy that came with it were worth it anymore. volleyball was still fun, but it wasn't where his heart laid anymore. photography gave him this joy that nothing else could match, seeing the things around him and being able to immortalize them in stillness, nothing could beat that. taking a photo and being able to see the story in it, a picture with friends or family, a childhood photo that could send you back in time to when things were so simple. photos had a power that volleyball just didn't, it didn't click anymore.

in the end, that's what made the decision for him, what gave him the determination to steel himself in front of his coaches and captain and hand in his resignation form from the volleyball club, what made him be able to deal with the questions they were bound to ask and the looks of betrayal he might receive. volleyball no longer clicked for him, no matter how much he wanted it to he knew he could no longer give it his all. and while on the inside that completely gutted him, he knew he couldn't change it so he just accepted it for what it was. photography was what gave him life now, in the same way those monsters of the volleyball court lived and breathed volleyball like it was the only thing in the world. photography was that for him, what drove him to simply try something, do something, be something. it was what he wanted to do.