vi.

________________________________

chapter six.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙agony.

 *ੈ✩‧₊˚________________________________

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
________________________________

Fury threatened from across the room, holding the enormous metallic syringe in his right hand, "Tell me what you wanted with that package."

I sat with my mouth tight, avoiding any emotion that might have shown in my eyes as I stared at the glowing-green liquid contents in the large metallic syringe.

Fury then carefully handed the syringe to the red-haired woman who stood alongside him, who had her arms crossed and was staring me down. She unfolded her arms and took the syringe with her right hand, examining it carefully.

As he stood tall besides the red-head, Fury snarled through clenched teeth, "Agent Romanoff, make her talk."

Agent Romanoff approached me slowly while holding the syringe in her hand. While toying with the syringe, she gently strolled towards me, holding our strained eye contact.

By simply being in her presence, you could virtually sense the power that radiated from her. Even she was aware of this aspect, which she most likely exploited.

While I was tethered to the metal chair, she circled me to stand behind me, breaking our eye contact. "How did you figure it out? promethium?" I inquired, stiffening my jaw as I spoke through rage at the Director across the room.

He replied, clasping his hands behind his back, "Well, we were sceptical of the natural calamities that occurred out of the blue. We couldn't detect them on any of our radars. It's as if they didn't happen at all, but they did. They wreaked far too much damage and ruin to go unnoticed. Even the tiniest sprinkling of rain from the sky is detected," He stated his case.

"So we investigated the scenes, and imagine our surprise when we discovered they weren't caused by natural forces at all, but by someone, or numerous someones." As he continued to look down on me from my seated position, he said.

"That doesn't answer my question," I said, my teeth gritted and my jaw clenched. "We uncovered evidence such as skin cells, hair follicles, foot prints, and finger prints when we studied the scenes," he explained.

"As far as we know, there are four of you. And we've already captured two of the four," He said to intimidate me, but all I did was stare into his eyes with a look that said, 'I'm going to kill you.' "We did several tests on the dna collected at the scenes, but no matches were found. All of you are ghosts. Our database yielded no results." He proceeded.

"On the bright side, we discovered potential weaknesses, which we can now confirm," My clenched jaw tightened further in response to his remarks, to the point that I could taste my own blood in my mouth.