CHAPTER FIFTEEN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

       THE GIRLS NEEDED a break

       THE GIRLS NEEDED a break. Well, Lee specifically. It amazed Julie how an almost sixteen year old still doesn't know the different types of triangle angles. Don't even get her started on scalene versus obtuse! They are too similar!

Caroline got up from her seat and opened Julie's fridge. She looked around it until she came to the conclusion that what she wanted wasn't in there. "Jules, do you have anymore flavored water?"

Julie stood and walked over to check, "If it's not in this fridge, it's probably in the garage." She sighed in thought of possibly seeing the boys.

Lee shrugged and walked to the back door. She walked out with Julie following behind closely, wondering what she was going to do when she saw them. They walked down the steps in the direction of the studio only to find the doors open and three ghosts standing there.

"We're sorry" Reggie sang.

"So sorry" Alex joined in.

Then Luke soloed, "We're super-duper, crazy, stupid"

Together, "Sorry," they sang with jazz hands.

"In case you missed it, we're really sorry," Reggie said with a small smile.

"Yeah. We... We got that part," Julie spoke in annoyance. Lee just walked past them in the direction of the fridge. She was really in the mood for some cherry flavored water.

Alex spun around in hopes both girls would pay attention, "We've been here for, like, three hours." Him and Reggie high-fived in agreement.

Luke stood from his kneeling position, "We almost sang to your little brother."

"He comes in here a lot. Mainly to use the bathroom," Reggie told the girls. Alex agreed, "It's not our favorite part of the day."

"Hey, Jules, what flavor do you want?" Lee shouted from the back, unknowingly cutting Luke off as she ignored the boy's' attempts.

"Black Raspberry, please."

Lee grabbed herself and Julie's drinks and walked back to where Julie was. Having both girls in front of him, Luke began to apologize, again, "Lee, Julie, it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night. We know we let you two down."

"Yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint either of you. You guys are the best things that's happened to us since we became ghosts." Alex really does explain the situation the best.

"So," Luke dragged the word, "in hopes that you'll rejoin the band," he glided over to them and handed them a flier for a music night, "we booked a new gig."