CHAPTER NINETEEN

GRAVITY

       IT WAS ONE day closer to the weekend

       IT WAS ONE day closer to the weekend. Lee has been so nervous about performing. Especially when she feels like she's forgetting something.

       "Hey, Lee, you excited for today?" Julie asked as her and Liam joined the blonde along with Flynn to their respectable lockers.

       Lee didn't understand the question, "What? Your dad said the gig was over the weekend?"

       Liam laughed at her confused face, "Lee, hunny, the partners dance performance is tonight. I brought the perfect outfit for it."

       Julie groaned, "Please tell me you didn't actually buy that horrendous blue and orange outfit." She made a face of disgust but it was soon covered by a goofy grin.

       "Hey! That's the color of the Mets," he put his hand over his heart and mocked offense.

       Lee and Flynn smiled knowingly to each other as their best friends have grown closer over the past few weeks. Collectively, they walked past each locker and broke apart. Lee was the last one to her locker.

       She opened her locker door as the PA said something about joining the schools marching band. Lee put her books away and grabbed her dance bag. It has her black dress in it for the performance. She just really hopes Liam was joking and is wearing the required black suit.

       As she shut her locker she gasped when she turned to her right where she saw Luke leaning on her classmates lockers. She looked around to make sure no one saw her act scared over thin air and spoke through gritted teeth.

       "Normal people don't do that. And ghosts definitely shouldn't," she crossed her arms and shrugged, "What are you doing here?"

       He got off of the lockers, "We need to talk about what song we're gonna play tomorrow. I was thinking... 'Everything Has Changed'? The band already sounds perfect from just a couple practices."

       A member from Dirty Candy walked by and greeted Lee. She smiled and nodded at them before taking her phone out from her back pocket. "Hold up," she told Luke.

       She put the phone to her ear and looked away. "You're just gonna take a phone call while we're talking? Do you know how rude that is?—"

       "Hey! Thanks for calling," she faced him, "Otherwise, people might think I'm talking to myself."

       "Right. Nice," he nodded in understanding.