Chapter 14

When Asteria opened her eyes she immediately closed them again and winced while lying on her back.

"Fuck" she whispered as she brought her hand to her pounding head. She rubbed her temple for a couple moments thinking about last night, she opened her eyes widely and looked beside her to see Rex also on his back sleeping peacefully with the sheets resting at his hips and his upper half exposed.

She looked down at herself and realized she was also exposed and pulled the sheets up to her chest blushing as she remembered their night of bliss once returning home.

Asteria slowly got up and grabbed some clothes to then scurry off to her bathroom without waking Rex. She dressed herself then rinsed her face with some water trying to collect herself. She was in a daze as she as she started to brush her long dark hair, thinking about Rex the previous night.

   The way he was gentle yet dominant. She got goosebumps thinking about how he held her hands down by her head with their fingers interlocked while kissing her passionately. She blushed remembering how she accidentally called him captain at one point, he grunted and told her to do it again.

She never thought they would get to this level in their relationship, especially so quickly. He'd always been so shy and gentle with her, she never expected him to be so assertive in the bedroom. But also why wouldn't he be? He's a captain who gives orders daily.

Asteria decided to eat and headed towards her small kitchen. She shut the bedroom door so she wouldn't disturb Rex's rest, he surely needed it. He seems to only get a few hours of sleep a night being so on the go with the war. She was getting used to the routine herself and it was tiring, she couldn't imagine what the captain has been through for the last year or so.

All of the drinks and food in her fridge were all spoiled since she hadn't been home in a while, she looked through her pantry and found some dehydrated fruit and settled on that.

She ate in silence sitting on the window seat in the kitchen looking at the busy city traffic when she suddenly heard footsteps approaching. Her heart sped up and she inhaled sharply suddenly becoming embarrassed around Rex. She looked down into her bowl pretending to be busy as he approached her with a cocky grin on his face.

"Good morning my love" Rex said in his sleepy voice as he kissed her on the top of her head.

"Good morning cap. Sleep well?"

"Best sleep I've had in a long time. You?" Rex questioned as he got himself some water. He was shirtless and had only the bottoms of his blacks on like he did the night before when she found him on her couch.

"Good, I have a headache though"

"Wonder why. It's not like you were extremely intoxicated or anything" Rex said with a chuckle as he pulled up a chair close to the woman he has come to adore.

"Yeah not my best moment. I promise I'm not usually that much of a lightweight. It's just been a while, the war and everything ya know" she said shyly still not making eye contact with him.

Rex chuckled again as he took a sip of his water. He put his cup down and put a hand on her leg and started softly caressing it while observing the outside for himself.

They was an awkward silence  for a couple minutes before Rex spoke up and said,
"You're quite this morning. You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah just tired is all" Asteria said while looking down into her bowl again.

"Do you regret last night? You won't even look at me A" Rex asked quietly and scooted back a little bit.

"No no, Rex I'm sorry it's not that. I'm just feeling shy now I guess." Asteria said while grabbing his hand and squeezing it with a blush and smile.