18. -ALL MY CHILDREN

━━━━All My Children━━━━

Ignoring the ache in her muscles, the pain in her gums and the pounding ache at her temples, Salem squinted through her sunglasses as she trudged toward the Salvatore home.

She watched as a shirtless Damon escorted Rebekah out in front of Elena. Rebekah smirked, walking past both girls. Damon gave them a look, while Salem shook her head moving past a stunned Elena.

The Gilbert girl shoved past him, following Salem into the family room while he closed the door, making Salem wince at the sound.

"Did you stop taking vervain?" Elena's first words are as he buttons his shirt, an amused expression painting his face. Salem would've laughed if she hadn't felt so shit and felt on edge from the plea in Elena's voice to meet her at the home over the phone earlier.

"You think Rebekah had to compel me?"he huffed a laugh making Salem mad. Rebekah had been out of line, trying to kill her and Elena.

"What's wrong with you, she's tried to kill me less than 48 hours ago" Elena said, her voice sounding so small.

"And me," Salem chimes in raising her hand up in reference.

"Cant we just move past that, you guys?" He questioned moving past them and going straight for some bourbon as he worked his way to pouring a glass.

"So is that how it's gonna be now? I hurt your feelings and this is how you lash out at me?" Elena questioned making Salem perk up at the obvious tension between the two.

"Maybe I should go," she insisted not caring to be apart of whatever was occurring but Damon waved his hand.

"Stay, Elena found it fitting to involve you in whatever's going on and maybe for once, something I did had nothing to do with you," he said the last part to the hurt Gilbert girl before raising his glass and taking a sip.

Sighing Elena looked between the two, "You should know that Esther's planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them together with a spell. Whatever happens to one happens to all," she said and suddenly Salems world felt like it was caving in. Her hearing went bleak before she heard Damon respond.

"That's great. Klaus will finally be dead. We win,".

That sentence boiled a rage inside of Salem but she felt her vision blur into a haze as she glared between her two so called friends.

"How do you know this, you've been sitting on this and you think Damons sex life was more important than Klaus being served up to be murdered? And fuck you Damon," Salem seethed making both eyes widen.