Wrench In My Stomach

A/N: Daria uses She⁄They. Jane uses They⁄Them.

Daria stepped into the doors of Lawndale High. Daria was met with chatter she couldn't make out, there was so much they couldn't tell. The lights were brighter than usual. The lights flickered and buzzed like crickets at night.

It didn't help that she had to wake up early and the Sugar Tarts were all out. Suddenly, the smell of Brittany's cheap perfume radiated through the hallway. Before long, Daria fell to the ground and crawled into a ball.

"Daria, are you ok?" Jane asked.

"Just get me out of here, Jane." Daria pleaded.

"Can I touch you?" Jane asked as they bent down.

Daria just nodded and held their hands up.

"I'll take that as a yes." Jane muttered.

Jane picked Daria up and headed for the bathroom. She cuddled into Jane's chest. Familiarity was all over Jane; Daria loved familiarity. So much so that when Helen announced an emergency family outing last week; Daria hid in their box until her mother canceled the outing entirely. 

Jane had walked into a bathroom stall and locked the door as they set Daria down.

"What happened?" Jane typed.

Daria's thoughts were racing. Even though the bathroom was more private, the sound of toilets flushing and hand dryers blowing didn't help them calm down at all. After what seemed like an hour, Daria relented and let the tears stream down her face.

"I've had the worst morning in the world!" Daria sobbed.

"Why is that, skookums?" Jane questioned.

"First, I barely got any sleep last night, second, the Sugar Tarts are gone, third, everything around me is giving me a massive headache,  fourth, I literally fell and crawled into a ball; in the middle of the hall and finally I am screaming and crying in a bathroom stall!" Daria vented.

"Daria, it's okay to cry; there is no reason to be ashamed." Jane reassured as they wiped their girlfriend's tears with their tender finger.

"Hug?" Daria asked as she carefully stood up and reached out her arms.

"Of course, amiga." Jane replied.

THE END

Remember to vote!:)