Chapter 1.

October 16, 1960
Hamburg.

It's been well over two months since we've been in Hamburg. The weather was much different. I often spent time walking through the streets, shopping, going out and catching some sun. I missed the warmness and tans. Astrid, Stu's new girl and I often went out for lunch when the guys were busy. That was unless John didn't have me on a leash.

Since other bands, musicians and promoters have come by, John's been extra protective over me. Especially around the competition. Even if a guy looked my way while having drinks, John would put his arm around me and practically have sex with me in front of everyone to prove a point. We never actually had sex in front of everyone, but it sometimes felt like that. Especially when his tongue was sloppily down my throat and groping my lady parts roughly.

To be honest I didn't have anything to complain about. I really do love John. It was just who he was. But lately our sex life has been at a stand still. He's been busy with his band while I've been practically trying to give hints at wanting him every night. Astrid even took me shopping at a lingerie shop and I bought a cute nightie I thought he'd like. He just brushed it off and mentioned how we needed sleep more than sex. I began to feel a little neglected and ignored about now.

It was only until last night he showed me some attention and we made love all night. It was amazing I had to say. I slept in his arms as usual and things began to get back on track.

That was until I woke up early this Sunday morning.

I was on my stomach. Our small bed warm from our bodies. I picked my head up off the pillow to see John sitting up.

His messy hair making me giggle. He was wearing his glasses, writing in his notebook. Shirtless, jeans on. I rubbed my eyes and smiled when his eyes met mine.

"G'morning beautiful." He half smiled.

"Morning." I sat up, pulling the sheet around my body. "Where are the others?"

"Downstairs practicing." He said staring at his writing.

"It's eight thirty." I said.

He yawned and shrugged. "I'm a bit behind. I should've been up an hour ago. Should've been in bed at a reasonable time."

I pouted. "I'm sorry I kept you up all night."

"One mistake. Now we know better."

I just looked at him. "Is that what last night was? A mistake?"

He sighed. "I didn't mean it like that. All I meant is that I'm lagging because of what happened last night."

"Of course. Because it's all about the band huh? No more time for the girlfriend." I muttered.

"Ye knew what you were gettin into when we came 'ere. I'm sorry I'm at a part of my life where romance is put on hold and music is put first. You know how much this means to me."

I stayed silent and got out of bed, grabbing some fresh clothes out of my suitcase. He just watched me.

"Luce..."

"I don't want to argue John. It's clear to me what comes first."

"I love you. I can't do this or be here without you. You know that right?" He took his glasses off. I looked at him while clasping my bra on.

"I love you too. I just...I need atten..."

"John we got a promoter downstairs who wants to speak to ye." George walked in as I covered my half naked body with a shirt. He blushed.