1

Babylon 574

"You know, maybe this is a bad idea," Druig signed as they walked down a corridor.

"It's perfectly fine, it's not like we're going to get caught, I'm too fast to be caught," Makkari replied, lifting her chin.

"What do you two think you're doing?" Ajak said, hands resting on her hips.

Druig and Makkari froze in their tracks. Of course they would get caught — this plan sucked and was very impulsive. Slowly the two of them turned around.

"Nothing just going for a stroll" Druig said keeping a straight face.

"Are you sure you are not sneaking off to go steal some ancient artifact?" Ajak asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Busted," Makkari signed, looking at Druig.

"Sprite told you ,didn't she?" Druig grumbled, looking down.

"Of course she told me. You know, if you two don't want to get caught, maybe you shouldn't exclude her."

"We're sorry, we won't do it again," Makkari signed.

"You'd better not. Now go get changed. We have a party to attend tonight and I want both of you there," Ajak said in a stern tone.

"But we're already dressed," Druig quipped.

"Your suits are not formal wear, now please put on something nice and no powers at the party," Ajak spoke before walking back down the corridor. "Come along now," she called out after them.

They looked at each other for a moment, rolling their eyes, before following Ajak down the corridors of the hanging gardens towards the Domo. On the walk back, Druig's hand occasionally brushed against Makkari's;she had a hard time keeping her face from not heating up.

When they finally reached Makkari's room, they said goodbye. "Well, this is my spot" Makkari signed.

"See you at the party m'lady," Druig spoke before grabbing her hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it. He let go of her hand and continued walking down the hall towards his room.

Makkari dashed through her door to quickly get ready for the party. Tonight was going to be a blast.

As quickly as she could, Makkari changed out of her uniform and into her favourite red dress. She took a few deep breaths before opening her door

-

"So, how did the heist go?" Sprite asked, appearing out of thin air next to Druig. He was leaning against a wall in front of the party entrance, waiting for Makkari to appear. He had some sort of fruit in his hand but he wasn't eating it. strange.

"You know damn well how it worked out, tattletale," Druig grumbled

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry for telling on you and your girlfriend, but it's payback. You guys wouldn't let me come with you," Sprite said nonchalantly.

"Makkari is not my girlfriend!" Druig sputtered a little too loudly, turning a very bright shade of red.

Sprite rolled her eyes. "Well it's obvious you're in love with her. Just tell her already."

"She's too good for me." Druig looked at his feet.

"Sure, and I'm a deviant," she replied and raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever," Druig mumbled.

"Listen, if you tell Makkari how you feel, I'll leave you alone," Sprite said with a big smile on her face.