The Unexpected Call

"Dude when are you coming? I've been waiting for you for like two hours!"

"I'm sorry, who is this?"

"What? Are you playing jokes with me right now, Andrew Green?"

"Does this voice sounds like it belongs to a guy?"

"Wait, you're right, but I'm pretty sure this is Andrew's number though.."

"How could I know that"

"Ah yes sorry for disturbing you, um, miss?"

"Okay, goodbye"

Wow that's harsh. Anyway, what happened though. This number is exactly what Andrew typed in and it always reached him before.

"Dudeee!!! I'm so sorry!! My younger sister wanted to come too, so i had to settle that first."

No response.

"Dude? Are you there?"

"Ah yes. Oh you're here, it's okay but you should buy me coffee"

• • •

"Who was that?"

"I don't know. He said he's trying to reach some guy named Andrew Green or something"

"Andrew Green? Girl look here, this character here was named Andrew Green"

"Is it? Wow, very much surprising. They can have the same name, dear"

"Yeah you're right. It's entirely impossible for a character in a book to call a real human being"

"Right?"

Andrew ran up to Joshua after the call ended. ''Dudeee!!! I'm so sorry!! My sister wanted to come to, so i had to settle that first."

"Nah it's okay bro but you have to buy me coffee as a penalty."

"That's it? Man you're so cheap"

"Who are you calling cheap, huh? I've been waiting for you right for two hours straight you know that"

'Weird. That sounds familiar. Where did i hear it again? Maybe I read this before I got the call and forgot about it. Yeah, probably.'

"This book is sad! How can they just kill the main character's boyfriend?! That's unfair!"

"Dear, I'm on chapter three, stop spoiling"

"Ah, my bad, Ellianne"

"Nah I'm immuned to it already. Plus I'll just forget about it when i reach chapter five."

• • •

"So, you're telling me, you called my number but it reached a girl? Man, that's insane, I've never changed my phone number since I was 19."

"You turned 20 last week, it doesn't change much. But yeah, it's weird isn't it. I called you this morning to ask about the thesis but it reached you perfectly fine."

"You think someone's hacking my phone?"

"I don't know but probably not"

"Why do you think so?"

"Bro, they won't answer the call if they hacked your phone. It's suicide if someone does that."

"Right, it's not possible"

It might be possible if the hacker is you though..

"So? What are you going to do about this?"

"I don't know. What do you think i should do?"

"Why don't you try calling her again?"

"Calling her again?"

"Yeah, that way we could see if your phone is broken or i forgot i changed my number"

"..okay then"

Calling Andrew Bro...

"Hello?"

"Holy shit.."

"Excuse me?"

"Um hello? I'm the one who called earlier"

"Yeah sure. Whoever you are I don't care. What do you want? There's no person named Andrew Green here just for your information. Ah there is but he's a character from a book"

"A book?"

"Yeah there's this book I'm reading with my best friend, it's about the main character who is failing her life then a guy called Joshua Lee came and help him. This Andrew guy is Joshua's friend by the way"

Silence.

"I'm sorry, I talked too much didn't i? I get excited everytime I'm talking about books I'm reading, so..."

"No no no, we were not silent because of your story, but.."

"But?"

"Well, how do I say this.. So you know, this Joshua Lee guy you were talking about.."

"Yeah? What about him?"

"It's him, Joshua Lee is him. And I'm Andrew Green, nice to meet you"