CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

JUST FRIENDS

       AFTER THEIR PERFORMANCE, the crowd dispersed

AFTER THEIR PERFORMANCE, the crowd dispersed. Most people left the Molina household after applauding the girls to their faces. Carrie was one of the people who stayed back, along with Alec. Nick had left after he saw Julie run to Liam after the performance.

       Alec was quick and got to the blonde before her sister. "Hey," he smiled, "You were awesome. Was, uh... Was that guitarist bothering you? I noticed you ignore him in the beginning."

"Oh, no. No, no, no. Luke wasn't bothering me. It's fine— all good." She put both her thumbs up to him and smiled awkwardly.

He tilted his head slightly, "Luke?"

"Yeah. The band members are me, Jules," she pointed to her two friends holding their conversation, "uh, Reg plays on the red guitar, Alex is our drummer, and then there's Luke," she listed, repeating what she had told him the night they sang Fearless.

Alec nodded his head and gulped. He sniffed the air and checked the nonexistent watch on his wrist, "Would you look at the time! I better get going. Bye, Lee." She watched in confusion as to why he left so urgently, not remembering the day before when she had called him Luke.

"Finally!" Carrie rolled her eyes as she walked to her sister, "I thought Alec wouldn't leave and I wouldn't be able to talk to you."

Lee laughed at her sister before bringing her into a hug. "You came," she sighed happily.

"Of course, just because I'm not friends with Julie anymore doesn't mean I won't sneak in to support you," the older twin threw her head back as she laughed. Carrie sighed as she let go of her sister, "All right. I better get going."

"What?" Lee asked almost hurt that her sister was leaving already.

"I'm sure you guys are probably gonna celebrate, and I'm not exactly welcomed here, so... I'll see you at home. Okay?" She asked with a short nod and Lee responded with a fake smile and nod as well.

As she watched her sister leave, she realized more and more that she rarely ever sees her. It's almost only when they're home. She just wishes whatever made Carrie and Flynn hate each other can be fixed and they can all be friends again. The two kept the reasoning away from their friends, and Lee hates it. But, she respects their decision.

The blonde found herself sitting on one of the chairs around the island in the Molina's kitchen, eating pizza. The seating arrangement was Flynn, who was next to Lee, and Liam, who was in between Lee and Julie.