Gift Ceremony

"Today's the day today's the day!!!" y/n and Camilo sang hand in hand dancing around the nursery. Being twins, you had been best friends since birth and looking forward to your gift ceremony ever since Abuela had taught you about it. Now, it was finally almost time. Less than an hour and you'd both have your gift. Since you were twins, you would walk together and open the same door, gaining the same gift. Although it meant sharing a room, you didn't mind. You two had an unbreakable bond and nothing could change that. 

"Y/N!!! CAMILO!!! WHERE ARE YOU TWO!!" your mother, Pepa yells. A clock rolls over on the ground near you. Casita was telling you it's time to go. You jumped up, put your shoes on and ran downstairs.

"There you are, I almost started a hurricane looking for you, it's time!!" your mother tells you. You look at Camilo and smile, grabbing his hand. As you walk to the hall, both of your grips tighten, nerves filling your stomach. 

"What if it doesn't work, two people have never opened the door together before" Camilo explains.

"Don't worry, I have a good feeling" you reassure your brother as Abuela signals for you to walk. And so, hand in hand, you step towards your fate. You step towards the door that will decide what the rest of your lives will look like. As you get to the door, you both place your hands on the candle and move to the door. As you hesitate to reach out, Camilo gives your hand a squeeze and nods his head, reaching out along with you. When you grab the doorknob, it begins to sparkle and a picture of you and Camilo spread across the front. You look over at Camilo, but instead you see two Abuela's. That must be your gift! Shapeshifting! Then, you turn into Camilo and begin to mock him, exaggerating his mannerisms. 

"Heeeey, I don't sound like that!" he complains.

"heEeeY I donT sOUnD lIke thAT!" you mock him again as the townsfolk and your family giggle at your antics. Then, you twist the knob and walk into your new room. When you got inside, the room was huge and sectioned off into halves so you and Camilo could still have private spaces. The ceiling were taller than tall and the walls were covered in your favorite movie posters. You had to admit you and Camilo were complete nerds when it came to movies and shows. You also both had a huge closet full of costumes that looked like all sorts of characters and even the people in your family. Everyone was so excited for you and the music was so loud in your room. By the end of the night, you had no trouble falling asleep in your new bed