Ep 0.00 - Way of the Ninja

Ninjago. A mythical land far away, full of secret places. And jaw-dropping history.

-   -   -   -   -

An old white-bearded man with a straw hat and wielding a tan bamboo staff is accompanied by a teen with spikey brown hair and fitting a worn-out apron. They stood at the bottom of Mountains of Impossible Height, whose mountain peaks are one of the highest in Ninjago and tower over the clouds. The old man points his staff up, ordering the boy that they must climb the mountain to the top if they ever want to reach the boy's desire. The boy starts climbing with no hesitation, determined to get what he came for.

As the two adventure up the mountainside, a boy who was around the age of the teen was held up in a Monastery on top of the mountain.

"WHOO-HOO-OOO! YEAH!" A teen with (h/c) shouts to the top of his lungs. His hands are in the air as he rolls through the hallways of the Monastery on a rolling chair. Slowly meeting a wall, he placed his feet against the wall. Giving a powerful push, the boy is launched away from the wall. As the seat spun, the boy kneeled on the seat and T-posed.

The teen gets ready to pass the open entrance of the building as his singing echo through the halls. "They see me rollin', they hatin'. Tryna catch me ridin' dirty-HOLY!" A staff suddenly trips him, sending him flying across the hall. From the corner of his eye stood the white-beared man in the entrance.

The teen faceplants into the wooden planks with his legs in the air. He slides across the floor, a few inches away from the elder. Having his lower half coming back to earth, he slowly picks up his upper half with a groan. His face throbs. Well, that's gonna leave a mark. He turns around and comes face to face with the elder, his Master.

The old man glared at the fallen teen and bangs his staff against the floor before shouting, "What did I tell you about rolling through the hallways!?"

The boy flinch. He replies with a nervous grin, "Uh...don't do that?"

His teacher sighs before moving to the side, revealing the boy who was accompanying him. "Get on your feet and meet Kai. He's the reason why you stayed behind, to help and train him."

The (h/c) teen picks himself up as he stares at the brunette. "...yes Master."

The old man turns around and takes a seat in front of the entrance. Stepping outside, the bruised teen sees that the training equipment has been activated in the courtyard. How did I not hear the training equipment being activated? Am I going deaf?

The teen rubbed his arm, waiting for something to be said but received nothing. He looks over at his mentor and points to Kai. "Soo. . .what does he have to do?"

Taking a sip of his tea, the man replies, "Kai must complete the training course before I finish my tea. Then we will see if he is ready." After he explains, he drinks the entire cup. "Today he has failed. Tomorrow he will try again."

Kai whipped his head at him. "Failed?! But I didn't even start-"

He is abruptly interrupted when Wu backflips into the monastery and closes the door. "Patience." The old man told from the other side of the screen door.

Kai ruffles his hair in irritation before turning to the (h/c) haired boy. "Argh. Does he always do this?!"

He rubs the back of his head. "Uhh...I guess you could say. Sorry, I don't really pay attention nor do I remember how he acts." He sheepishly smiles as he rubs his arm. He awkwardly chuckles as eyes were fixated on him. Why did Master pick me? I suck at explaining. Maan, I'm gonna make a fool of myself.