The Night

Cold day was never unfamiliar to the skin which have been frozen for thousands of years. With no sounds even the slightest was not to be heard by the wounded ear full of dust. No heart beat was present in the box, where 'he' was kept in, locked with the silver dagger which had become a stone with a beautiful statue of women holding as it shed a tear off to below. The light of the sun was covered never to be seen in that room, as the wind gashed through the cracks of the walls, leading the vines of a tree nobody ever had seen. The vines twindled and swindled through the cracks and the space making its way to live. The only living hope was there to survive on its own as the thunder passed by the mansion in the middle of nowhere, pass the street of 'Coeur Blanc', away from the city and towns,

away from heavens.

The night quiet as ever, though the aching of body caused the young man to wake up.

"Nelly, get off of me you little fur ball!!"

The cotton ball raised its face with twitching ear as it stared at him. How silly of a chubby cat to be sleeping on its owner's stomach regardless of how heavy they were. The blue eyes as beautiful as jewel was stunning enough to make the young man think if it would be worth to pull out and sell as expensive as diamond. Oh, the money he would have, the power he would have, and the house he would have. As a poor hunter who lived off of hunting with his spears, he had nothing to sell nor eat during the winters when the snow layered the ground.

"You will be my emergency food one day."

Nelly the 'fur ball' hissed at him.
Although he says such things, he would never be able to eat him no matter what as his so-loved-cat was his only family he ever had in his life. No pictures were found in the house, no belongings found neither. The old house which only had 2 rooms had nothing but a silver dagger and a necklace of a cross, only to be found recently by the young man who lived there for his entire life.

"I suppose it's normal for a house that has been standing here for centuries will have something but why can't I find any bible if there's a cross?"

No drawer or closet had anything related to the bible nor beliefs of gods and goddesses. It was clear that it did not belong to his parents (if there were any,) as it looked expensive enough for low life as him.

How interesting.

A boy who doesn't know his own birthday or name with no memory of his past life, had been there which felt like forever in the coldest winter. No guests had came to him yet except this night as the trees around started to wail.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

The young man opened the door, feeling the warms of liquid as soon as the snow flakes flashed by his eyes as if world was in slow motion.
Was it a slow time before death? Who knows?

The red puddle spread on the floor with a women in white cloak stared at the boy's eyes.

"So you've been living here for 200 years prince? How funny of you to be living so poor like this."

The vision were foggy as his consciousness faded away.

"Who... who are you? Am I going to die?"

The women chuckled and carried his limp body.

"Vandelia. Remember. And prince, you never die, you never will."

Side note; thank you for reading the first chapter of "Once Upon a Dead Heart"
Sorry if there was any wrong spelling/grammar due to my bad English, as I am an English learner with Japanese as first language. But I hope you understand and love and support will be always welcomed! Sincerely, Lyn.