seven | apologies and affection

-SEVEN-

"Alright, so you make a nice snap...like this." Clint showed Kate how he'd flip a nickel, something he had already taught Ophelia.

Kate snapped her fingers, and the coin spun through the air, right towards Ophelia. The huntress moved her head out of the way, and caught the coin in her fist, raising an eyebrow.  The jaws of both Clint and Kate dropped, while the latter exclaimed, "What the actuall HELL?!"

"What?" The huntress asked, snapping the coin from between her fingers back towards Clint, making it fall in the key dish behind him.

"Did you seriously just catch a nickel which was moving that fast like it was nothing--?" Clint asked.

"I mean, you can't be a huntress and not have quick reflexes." Ophelia shrugged.

She then sat on the couch, one leg crossed over the other in a ladylike way. In her ringed hand sat a wine glass, with her slender and pale fingers wrapped tightly around the stem.

She took a sip and exhaled as the slightly sour liquid made its way down her throat.

"Isn't that better than coffee, Knives?" Clint chuckled, sitting next to his friend.

She clicked her tongue, "Well, it is quite the change from the normal bitter drink."

"Jeez, Queen Victoria," Kate grinned, sitting down, "What's with all the prim and proper words?"

"There's nothing prim and proper to what I was saying--" Ophelia gasped in mock offence.

Clint grinned and moved away from the two, letting them talk and laugh. He secretly took a photograph, of the two of them laughing and talking together.

He walked back in the room and admitted, "Not gonna lie, drunk Felita's better than sober Felita."

Ophelia rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Shut up, Barton." It meant to sound threatening, but the twinkle in her now-silver eyes gave it away.

--Time Skip--

"It's getting late. I should probably get going..." Ophelia sighed, standing up. The trio had just finished talking about their past experiences with their families.

"I can drop you home, if you'd like." Kate offered.

Ophelia blushed lightly and replied, "Only if you want to, Tiny."

Kate eagerly walked next to the huntress, as the latter began to walk to the elevator, after saying goodbye to Clint.

Kate and Ophelia walked in a slightly uncomfortable silence, the only thing which disrupted it was the whistling of the cold winter wind as it drifted past, with enough speed to ruffle both of their long hair.

Ophelia felt a sigh escape her lips as the biting air found its way into her old and slightly worn coat. Kate looked at her, "Hey, you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just a bit cold, is all. Nothing a warm fire or shower can't fix." Ophelia brushed it off, her voice slightly airy in reassurance.

Kate hummed, not convinced. She replied, "You know, we could buy you a new coat sometime."

The huntress tilted her chin upwards furrowing her brows in slight disapproval, "I appreciate the offer, but no thank you. I can get this repaired."

Kate shrugged and said, "Well, it's your decision."

Ophelia nodded and continued walking quietly, hey grey eyes holding back something Kate couldn't quite figure out.