one

after watching spider-man get injured, you find it odd after discovering that Peter has the same injuries.

There was a rumble in the hallway floor that had caught everyone's attention. You had looked away from Peter to the source of the sound, catching a terrified look on Peter's face when you looked back up at him.

"(y/n), you need to get out of here, right now," he says in his calmest voice, the shakiness just barely there.

"What? Why? It's probably something stupid, Pete."

"No, seriously trust me on this. Get out of here, now," he orders again, your eyebrows furrowing together. it couldn't possibly be anything that serious. Maybe a bookshelf fell over, or there's some maintenance being done to the school. But something about Peter's expression and body language gave you literal chills, and you feel no choice but to trust what he says.

"Are you coming with me?" you ask, Peter's feet set in place telling you otherwise. The vibrations start up again as it gets closer and before you or any other student knows it, the large green lizard bursts through the doors. You do recognize the outrageous creature from the catastrophe it caused on the Brooklyn Bridge a few days prior. But never had you thought it would burst through the doors of your school.

Peter, on the other hand, knew exactly what Doctor Connors wanted, and he wasn't going to be the reason hundreds of teenagers die today.

"I'll meet you out from in a second, I'm gonna make sure everyone else gets out."

"What? Peter, wait!"

Peter pushes you into the crowd where you're forced to run out with the rest do screaming students, not even being able to see him over the crowd. It wasn't until you reached the outside when you started to really panic. Peter's tall, you surely would notice him if he's standing out here, right? But no matter how much you search the crowd, he just isn't there looking back.

You clicked on Peter's contact and were dialling his number within seconds, growing more worried with each second he didn't answer. By the time you were dialling the third time, Spider-Man had arrived and was fighting the lizard out a broken window, a shard shoved through the back of his shoulder. You winced as you watched, but continued to tap your foot anyways and you anxiously awaited an answer.

"Excuse me, I need to you step away from the building. It isn't safe," an officer says as he steps forward, attempting to push you further back.

"I can't. My boyfriend's in there, he's not answering his phone!" you plead, the cop showing no care as he continues to push you back.

"The building is evacuated. Go home," he orders, and you finally give in with a sigh. You were tempted to cause another scene when your phone buzzed with a text, Peter's contact showing up.

'Got pushed out the back exit. Meet you at mine later? xo'

And although you found it weird that he didn't want to meet up until later, you were on your way.

It had been a couple hours of sitting at home by yourself, after convincing your mon lots that she didn't need to leave work. But the silence became too much when you finally caved and left for Peter's house. He wasn't answering his phone again and you couldn't take not knowing if he was okay or not. And, of course, you didn't get a response when you knocked on his front door. May's not home, leaving it up to him, who you know is home due to his converse scattered on the front mat through the glass door.

"Peter?" you call out, banging your fist against it again.

"Coming!" he yells back, loud bangs echoing through the small house before he's at the front door, unlocking and opening it for you.

"Are you okay? I haven't seen you all day—what's on your face?" you ask, reaching your hand forward towards the large scratch on his cheek. But he quickly backs away before you can, turning his head away from you. The action had surprised you, since Peter backing away from you like that is rare, but you brush it off nonetheless.

"I'm fine. I just got caught up with a bunch of rowdy teenagers. They're wild when they're scared," he jokes lightly. You know better than to believe it, Peter lies left and right about his random bruises and scratches. In the beginning, you had begged him to tell you the truth. But at this point, there's so use. Peter's must've sensed your worried feelings as he sighed softly, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"We can head to the living room, watch a movie? Aunt May's not home, so..."

"Yeah, sure," you give in with a small smile, Peter kissing your forehead softly before leading you to his couch. But the bliss didn't last long when you saw the red through his white t-shirt, the tiniest bit of blood leaking through. You didn't even say a word as you pulled up his shirt, eyes catching ahold of the large gash on his back before he could even stop you.

"Rowdy teenagers do that too, Pete?" you ask, passive-aggressiveness laced in your voice.

"Listen—"

"No, you listen. I'm sick of you lying to me about fucking everything. What the hell are you doing that leads to this shit? A secret fight club?"

"(Y/n), I'm fine. It was just a little accident," he says, eyes pleading you to believe him. But you don't, because his excuses are always pure bullshit. Every possible scenario runs through your mind, thinking of when the hell that could've happened to Peter and why he would hide it from you. Then that insane thought pops into your mind. You watched Spider-Man get thrown onto a shard of glass earlier in that exact same spot. Are you crazy? Or did you actually just find out why the hell Peter constantly disappears and returns with injuries?

"Peter, I'm gonna ask you something, and I want you to be completely honest with me, please."

Peter's heart is racing at this point. He's terrified you're going to leave him, or figure out his huge secret and suddenly be in great danger. Or maybe you'll break up with him because you can't deal with his lying and leaving.

"Are you Spider-Man?"

His world stops spinning in that moment. He's relieved, he finally doesn't have to hide it anymore. But he's scared because now that you know, you're in danger. Spider-Man will always have enemies, and his enemies will go for the people he loves the most.

"I only didn't tell you to protect you, I promise," he says, a breath falling from your lips at the truth.

"Peter, you could've told me," you admit, features softening as you look up at the boy. He sighs, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, I really am. It killed me not to tell you because now that you know, you're not safe anymore." You sigh softly, gripping onto his hands.

"Is it healing? Do you need some help stitching it up?" you ask, referring to the nasty wound on his shoulder.

"Nah, I'm okay. Super fast healing and stuff," he chuckles nervously, pulling you closer by his hands.

"That's right. We've got a shit ton to talk about. I want to know everything," you smile, leaning in a little bit closer.

"Will-do, boss," he jokes, leaning forward to connect your lips.