Part 1/1

Bennett sat in class, not really paying much attention to what his classmates were talking about. He was way more interested in something else. Or, someone else. This didn't go unnoticed by one of his best friends, Fischl.

She walked up to his desk, her pigtails bouncing with her powerful steps. She waved her hand in front of Bennett, trying to gain his attention. However, he was focused on something else outside. She huffed and lightly flicked his forehead.

Bennett was broken out of his trance and looked up at her, holding his forehead where she flicked.
"Ah! Oh, hi Fischl," he smiled up at her, his cheeks lightly tinted.

"Hey— what are you so distracted by?," she glared outside trying to see what Bennett saw.

"Nothing!!! Er...well...it is something, but you don't have to worry about it...unless you want to worry about it then I guess I could tell you at lunch? Or uh play rehearsal after school?," his blush got a little darker.

She eyed him, incredibly skeptical of his blush. "I guess you could tell me, your face is really red," she pointed out.

Bennett's eyes widened and he covered his face. "Yeah..," he chuckled softly.

She sighed, and walked away. She loved him, but he was helpless.

School came and went fairly quickly, and Fischl was ready, she needed to know what was causing Bennett to be like this; and it would happen at play rehearsal. Bennett had dragged her into being in the play with him. Which was really odd considering Bennett never wanted to do the play.

He had always said he would mess the play up due to his bad luck, especially if he was casted. But this year was different. For some reason Bennett kept bothering Fischl to do the play with him.

She didn't understand it, but she would go along with it. She loved theatre afteral, it was her strongest subject.

She walked down the hallway to the auditorium, humming to herself. "Say, Oz?," she looked up beside her. Nobody was actually there, and others wouldn't see him. But Fischl could, he was her first friend. He encouraged her to do stuff she was scared to do.

"Yes m'lady," he flew by her side, she could feel it.

"Do you know why Bennett is acting so peculiar," Fischl asked, tightening one of her pigtails.

"I do not, maybe he made a new friend?," he answered.

"It's possible..i just hope whatever it is, he isn't taken from me," she sighed, walking into the building.

Oz nodded, disappearing from Fischl's sight. She sighed once more before putting her stuff away and sitting on stage, waiting for Bennett to show up.

Bennett walked in, beaming up at Fischl, waving at her. "Hi Fischl!," he smiled, before going to put his stuff up.

"Are you going to tell me why you've been so dazed here lately?," she looked over at him.

He flushed. "Okay..yeah..i'll tell you, come with me," he held out his hand for Fischl to take.

She took it and he led her to seats in the back of the theatre. He sat down and sighed, "okay...where do i start"

"Say there's this person you pass in the hall everyday, you've known them since seventh grade," he looked at her.

She raised an eyebrow at him as he continued. "You're used to thinking about him in a certain way, from the persona that he displays...and then something changes...they change!," he exclaimed, before looking down.

"They change from someone you'd never be into...a person you'd kinda be into...are they worth it...Fischl?," Bennett looked at Fischl earnestly.

Fischl flushed, talking to Oz through her mind. 'Is he talking about me?'

'Of course he is, keep it up'

Fischl nodded, looking at Bennett.

He smiled and continued, "Say there's this person that you never knew too well"

'He's definitely into you' Oz reassured

"You thought that you had them pegged but now you can't tell, they've gone from a person you'd never be into and so quickly changed into someone you'd totally be into," he made eye contact with Fischl. "Are they worth it, Fischl? Are they?"

"Absolutely," she held his hands in hers.

"I don't always relate to other people my age...there are so many changes that I'm going through," he sighed before flushing "why am I telling this to you?"

She shrugged and he chuckled. "Guess there's a part of me who wants to, I guess there's a part of me that likes to sit with you, I guess there's a part of me that—ah...I got sidetracked..." He flushed.

"The person that I'd kinda be into," Bennett smiled softly.

"The person that you'd kinda be into?," she got closer to his face.

"Yeah....that person that I'd kinda be into...is..," he took a deep breath and Fischl looked at him in anticipation.
Would this be it, would Bennett say her name? Would her crush be returned? Oh it was all so exciting.

"Razor," Bennett smiled, his face flushed, watching him walk into the auditorium.

Fischl tried to hide her disappointment. She truly thought it was her...why wasn't it her?

Bennett looked back at Fischl. "Thanks for hearing me out Fischl, you're the best friend I could've asked for," he hugged her.

"I'm going to go say hi, I'll see you in a bit," he waved, running to the stage.

Fischl leaned back and sighed, looking up. "Oh Oz, we were wrong...so very wrong," she frowned.

"It's alright M'lady, you'll find someone else," he landed on her shoulder, cuddling into her neck.

She looked at him with a sad smile. "You're right, I should support him, thank you Oz," she stood up, Oz disappearing once again.

Bennett was talking with Razor, both of them were flushed. They had been talking about random stuff after Bennett had fallen right in front of him and Razor freaked out. He had helped Bennett up and they just started to chat, Razor looking at Bennett lovingly.

She sighed and walked out of rehearsal. Bennett needs this, she will be happy for them, just not today.

Weeks passed, and they started dating, Fischl hated to admit it but they were a really good pair. They worked really well together, enjoyed the same foods, and Razor understood Bennett on a level she never could. Not to mention, she found someone else to crush over. While it wasn't the happy ending she had wanted, it was definitely a nice one.